Interfolio vs AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which to use for LORs: interfolio or directly to AACOMAS?

• Total voters

HopefulDoc91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any DO schools that do not accept LORs from interfolio? I'm trying to decide whether to use interfolio so I'll have my letters for future use if necessary, or just directly submitting them through AACOMAS. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit letters from interfolio to aacomas. You don't need to submit them to individual schools.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You can submit letters from interfolio to aacomas. You don't need to submit them to individual schools.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just mean is it better to submit LORs from interfolio to AACOMAS, or to just directly submit LORs to AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Importing all your LORs from Interfolio to AACOMAS. Then, assign these LORS to schools.
Saves time, money, and energy. One of the greatest investment I had in the previous cycle is to pay for an Interfolio account.

Reactions: 1 users
One of the best things about inter folio is that you can confirm LOR has appropriate signature, letterhead etc. AACOMAS will take longer and usually will not until application cycle has started.

Interfolio is much more user friendly than AACOMAS. If you LOR written is much older, its much easier to click and submit document then to jump the 10 hoops required for AACOMAS.

On top of that inter folio allows you to keep document for 10 years. So if you do not get in this application cycle, you can re-use document in stead of asking LOR writers to resubmit in the next application cycle.

Edit: Autocorrect error

Last edited:
One of the best things about inter folio is that you can't confirm LOR has appropriate signature
Interfolios can check for signatures and letterhead for you with no problem.

Reactions: 1 user