Interesting blogs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

borne_before

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy turn me on to a couple:

Both are by psychiatrists. Both are no longer updated. Kinda interesting stuff. Good way to kill ten minutes.

Here's a good one on DMDD (which I like never ever diagnose): The Last Psychiatrist: Temper Tantrums In The DSM

An interesting one about hair dryers and cuttin' nature at it's joints: The Categories Were Made For Man, Not Man For The Categories

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh man, The Last Psychiatrist, I remember reading his stuff like 15yrs ago. Interesting perspective on stuff.
You know sometimes when you hear someone verbalize something you always knew, but never knew knew? And how awesome that feels.

But, I was listen' to a podcast and one of the dudes, Steven Rinella (his books are all fantastic), said something like, "I like readin' about things after they happen." It's interesting to read the TLP's comments on stuff I was just oblivious to at the time, but had some lasting significance.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know sometimes when you hear someone verbalize something you always knew, but never knew knew? And how awesome that feels.

But, I was listen' to a podcast and one of the dudes, Steven Rinella (his books are all fantastic), said something like, "I like readin' about things after they happen." It's interesting to read the TLP's comments on stuff I was just oblivious to at the time, but had some lasting significance.
I knew TLP through a mutual friend and later on he shared a publisher with another blogger I knew and did some editing for back in the day. The blogging world was small back then, and a few different publishers were trying to find the next big thing. Wow...it's been a minute since I thought about that stuff. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
I had a client several years ago who was an avid Slate Star Codex reader. After working together for a bit they asked me if I was ok being added to the blog's list of "recommended mental health professionals." I said yes and have had a few people find me from there. Probably the most varied and interesting clinical referral source I have.

Reactions: 2 users
I knew TLP through a mutual friend and later on he shared a publisher with another blogger I knew and did some editing for back in the day. The blogging world was small back then, and a few different publishers were trying to find the next big thing. Wow...it's been a minute since I thought about that stuff. :laugh:
Wonder how he is in real life.

Both are by psychiatrists. Both are no longer updated. Kinda interesting stuff. Good way to kill ten minutes.

Here's a good one on DMDD (which I like never ever diagnose): The Last Psychiatrist: Temper Tantrums In The DSM

An interesting one about hair dryers and cuttin' nature at it's joints: The Categories Were Made For Man, Not Man For The Categories

The author of Slate Star Codex just moved to substack when the NYT published his identity, he is still writing and posting regularly, mostly not paywalled:

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks for posting this. I am reading their blog and thus far, I am liking it. I have been blogging myself for my private practice, so I am constantly looking at ways to get myself involved with more writing opportunities, how to refine my writing, etc. This blog is a good model for me.

Thanks for posting this. I am reading their blog and thus far, I am liking it. I have been blogging myself for my private practice, so I am constantly looking at ways to get myself involved with more writing opportunities, how to refine my writing, etc. This blog is a good model for me.

Very interesting one about assortative advice heeding.

Reactions: 1 user