inspiring dermatologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmcp88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know that there is a long road ahead of me, since i am only in high school, but is there anything in particular that i should know about dermatology that people wouldnt know?

as in the downsides or cautions the long road ahead of me. what should i be looking out for in the 12 years of all the schooling,residency, etc.??

Members don't see this ad.

i know that there is a long road ahead of me, since i am only in high school, but is there anything in particular that i should know about dermatology that people wouldnt know?

as in the downsides or cautions the long road ahead of me. what should i be looking out for in the 12 years of all the schooling,residency, etc.??
It's 'aspiring', not 'inspiring'. Now forget the URL for this website for the next 3-4 years and enjoy your life.

It's 'aspiring', not 'inspiring'. Now forget the URL for this website for the next 3-4 years and enjoy your life.

Maybe he's looking for advice from an inspiring dermatologist. Long Dong perhaps?

Members don't see this ad :)
long dong?

Yes, Long Duc Dong is my name and skin is my game.:D

I'm just an aspiring dermatologist like yourself so I can't answer most of your questions. I don't start dermatology tell next year. The only cautions I can tell you about now is that it is a long road ahead for you and you might change your mind. In the meantime do your best in school, do some volunteer work in a clinic or hospital, and maybe ask a local dermo if you can follow them around sometime. If you wanna talk to some actual derms then you can go to here for that www.derminterest.org hope that helps.

I suggest buffing up on your verbal skills for the MCAT you'll one day have to take. Actually, make that for the SAT you'll one day have to take, lol.

Seriously dude, chill out and focus on getting into college right now ;)

Then don't slack off too bad in college and focus on getting into med school...then we'll worry about this.

i love this site, but best advice is to never ever come to this site until you have taken the USMLE step 1 cuz after seeing countless 260+ you start to expect that score........

Did you receive divine aspiration, telling you that your life's work lies in skin disorders and the treatment contained therein?

ps, did anybody catch the intentional irony?