Inside information about Au.D programs please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CDu4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be graduating in May. I would like feedback on programs from alums or current students. Here are the programs I have applied to.
-Kent/Akron consortium
-Salus formerly known as PCO (accepted)
-Pitt
-James Madison University
-The Ohio State University

I have an average GRE score and my GPA right now is 3.72.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to OSU and Kent/Akron and am curious as well. Let me know if you learn anything. Nothing much has been said on here about these schools...

I have also applied to Ohio State and James Madison University. I went to OSU's visitation day a few months ago. The facilities there are very nice and the campus is great. I talked to a AuD student and she really liked the program and was glad she choose to stay. They said a lot of there students are able to snag top externships. As far as funding goes the news is not very good. The department head said they almost never give funding to incoming first years. Chances of getting funding go up in subsequent years. On the bright side you are able to get instate residency after one year if you fill out the proper paperwork.
As far as James Madison I mainly know what is on the website. If I read correctly interview requests (if good enough to be selected) should be going out in the next week or two. I have gotten some info that is not on the website. I had a chance encounter with a former faculty member and while visiting another school for an info day a JMU undergrad was also attending. They told me that all or almost all of their students have funding, either with a 25 or 50% assistantship.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for that info. One thing I do know about OSU is that students do not begin clinical practicum experiences until the summer after their first year, while other programs start much sooner.

CDu4 and audibob....sent you a PM

Hey, CDu4 did you get an interview request from James Madison University? I got my request about an hour and a half ago.

Eastr90: I received an email from them on Thursday requesting my transcripts. I sent my transcripts very early (mid-September) and many schools have sent me the same email. So I'm hoping that because they are requesting my transcripts by Monday, they are interested in me. I just received my paper acceptance letter from Salus yesterday so I have at least one school interested in my credentials.

I also had the same email from JMU audiology saying that they had not received my transcripts. I emailed Dr. Halling ([email protected]) who is director of graduate studies and it turned out that the graduate school was just a little slow in sending all of the paperwork to his office. You could try to email him to see if they do in fact have your transcripts although at this point I imagine you have already shipped another copy to their office.

I also had the same email from JMU audiology saying that they had not received my transcripts. I emailed Dr. Halling ([email protected]) who is director of graduate studies and it turned out that the graduate school was just a little slow in sending all of the paperwork to his office. You could try to email him to see if they do in fact have your transcripts although at this point I imagine you have already shipped another copy to their office.

They did the same thing to me! Thankfully the Graduate office people sent everything right over once I called. Someone needs to get with the program over there. Oh well, transcripts must have been ok because I had an interview request from them...when are you going, eastr90?

I had my interview on the 18th. When is yours?

I attended both of those JMU interviews. Hope you two enjoyed the pizza!