Information on Experimental Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guarnaschelli

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've noticed there seems to be some confusion about what questions/passages are experimental and I thought I'd help out! This is what I know from Dr. Collins:

There are EIGHT unmarked experimental questions per subject (I am NOT positive if this includes verbal, but I would believe so).
So in order:
Verbal: 8 experimental questions
Bio: 8 experimental questions AND 1 experimental passage (not both!)
Chem: 8 experimental questions AND 1 experimental passage (not both but also were there two? I don't remember lol)
Reading: 1 experimental passage (one passage is 8 questions btw)
QA: 8 experimental questions (usually these are easy to pick out, it's anything that's calc III or is taking you too long to solve, just bubble in C!)

I don't have many tips on spotting all of them, and I can never be sure the ones I thought were experimental actually were, but it seems like they would be anything too hard or tedious. I also took a lot of practice exams twice and was pretty confident I knew what was on there, so if it was something I had never seen before I felt safe guessing.

Okay edit: I think maybe since the bio/chem passages are 4 per section, that those four might be included in the "eight" total. Not sure though, Dr. Collins made it seem like it was 8 + passage questions, but 12 seems like a lot?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: