Info on Pacific Northwest job market and groups?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stinky_mcstinkerton

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Searched the forum for anything more recent than the 2008 thread, but nada...

Any one have any info on the PNW market, specifically the Seattle-Tacoma-Olympia region? Looking to move to the south Seattle area due to family. I would love more info if not here then via PM on the groups (which to avoid) in the area as well. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply, I think Bellingham is too far north from where I am looking though.

Pacific Anesthesia is a physician only group covering several hospitals in that area, including Edmonds, Federal Way, and Tacoma. As an anesthesiologist with them, you work within a subgroup at one of the hospitals covered, and don’t travel between them. I know the Tacoma group has been hiring and may have a position posted on Gasworks.

The main private groups in the Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue metro area are USAP-Washington (they cover the Swedish hospitals in Seattle and Issaquah), Matrix Anesthesia (Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland and Overlake Hospital in Bellevue), Pacific Anesthesia which the previous post covered, Tacoma Anesthesia Associates (Tacoma General, Allenmore, and Mary Bridge Children's Hospitals in Tacoma), and Valley Anesthesia Associates (Valley Medical Center in Renton) For academic practices, you have the University of Washington system, Seattle Children's Hospital, and Virginia Mason

All of these groups are good groups, and with the noted exception of USAP-WA, they are locally owned by their physicians.

Reactions: 1 user