Info from FREIDA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingston99

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have been trying to narrow down the programs I will be applying with the help of FRIEDA. Since I am an IMG and will be needing a visa I am using it as a factor in my decision. I have also been looking at the amount of IMGs in each program. How accurate is the information from FREIDA?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I have been trying to narrow down the programs I will be applying with the help of FRIEDA. Since I am an IMG and will be needing a visa I am using it as a factor in my decision. I have also been looking at the amount of IMGs in each program. How accurate is the information from FREIDA?

Thanks
Only as accurate as the person submitting the information.

Most of this information is provided by administrative types who have a lot more things to do then submit the information, after verifying it’s correct, and updating it. I think it used to be a lot more accurate than it is now probably because more programs now have websites containing information. Verify information directly with the program themselves

Only as accurate as the person submitting the information.

Most of this information is provided by administrative types who have a lot more things to do then submit the information, after verifying it’s correct, and updating it. I think it used to be a lot more accurate than it is now probably because more programs now have websites containing information. Verify information directly with the program themselves

FREIDA is probably the most up to date of all the databases. We get consistent reminders to complete it annually via the AAMC's GME Track in two parts--the first being program information that we know potential applicants will be reviewing in order to narrow down their list of potential programs; the second being the resident roster demographic info. PDs give at least a cursory review to the first part because it costs $$ to be listed on FREIDA, and they want the info to be consistent with the web page. I will admit that I don't put hours of effort into it anymore, as most of the questions are the same from year to year, but I did complete the program survey update last week ahead of the early July deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
FREIDA is probably the most up to date of all the databases. We get consistent reminders to complete it annually via the AAMC's GME Track in two parts--the first being program information that we know potential applicants will be reviewing in order to narrow down their list of potential programs; the second being the resident roster demographic info. PDs give at least a cursory review to the first part because it costs $$ to be listed on FREIDA, and they want the info to be consistent with the web page. I will admit that I don't put hours of effort into it anymore, as most of the questions are the same from year to year, but I did complete the program survey update last week ahead of the early July deadline.
This is how it is supposed to work, but not everyone is as conscientious as you.

After a bit of research in the residency programs, most programs state a minimum step scores. So should I bother applying to programs that have a score I would not "qualify". Basically how seriously are these minimum score filters taken?
I don't want to apply to programs that are not even going to look at my application.