info about U.Buffalo and Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

Henkel

Hi all,

I need some feedback from current dental students familiar with UBuffalo and/or Columbia. I am familiar with Buffalo area and I am qualified for in-state tuition for Buffalo. I am also seriously considering specializing. I am reading mixed feedback from other theads therefore honest feedback from current students would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

Henkel

Members don't see this ad.

This is Henkel again.

I have been to both schools for interview. So I am familiar with the fact that at Columbia, courses are taken together with Med students where as at Buffalo, most of the courses are dental exclusive. At Columbia, they are proud of this structure because students do better on the board exam I. What about Clinics and patient pools? How are the professors and their approachability and availability? And overall atmosphere among students?

Thanks.

henkel

go to buffalo. it has cheaper tuition. i go to columbia, and i can tell you, when you graduate as a dentist no one really cares what school you graduate from as long as you have a DDS. if you go to buffalo you can save a lot of money!

I agree wholeheartedly. Save the money. I'm about to graduate from dental school with $180,000 in debt. The education at most schools is similar, save the money go to UB