indiana status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tonyjerry

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows how indiana sends out acceptance/rejections. I know they start sending out oct 15 so trying to figure out what to expect. thanks and good luck

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting for the mail to come today....fingers are crossed. A friend who did early admissions got a big white envelope in the mail a day or two after Oct. 1st.

Please post if anyone gets anything from Indiana...so I know if I need to keep obsessing over the mail this month.

Members don't see this ad :)
haven't heard anything...

i would call though if you were really interested and ask what was up. i called yesterday to make sure my dean's evaluation got in...i interviewed back in august but my school f*cked around with my dean's eval. the sec said it was and then i SHOULD have been like when will i hear...but i thought of that after hanging up. anyway, i dont want to call again today since i called yesterday (paranoid they keep track haha). but im sure theyd be open to it...just a general when will we hear from you.

mailman should be here in 2 horus... :)

Well, unless it is going to take 3 days to get here from Indy, which sometimes mail does, I think I am going to have to wait another month. :(

hey everyone...just a little public service announcement
I interviewed Sept 17 and was *hoping* for an acceptance around Oct 15, but it turns out that if you interviewed Sept 17 (the 2nd batch of interviews) your application is still under review-you'll *probably* be notified in Novemeber/December!!!....if you interviewed in the first batch (Aug 28th i think?) you will or have already received your notification, i believe.....you should probably call IU about your individual application to make sure....

IU is one of my top choices so I hope it comes through for me!
good luck to everyone!!!:clap:

Did you call? I'm wondering if they would tell you over the phone. On the acceptance thread, someone in Indy got their letter on the 16th or so. I'm out-of-state so I know there is a lag time...my dean's evaluation was super late though so I'm thinking I may not have gone before the ad coms yet...boo...so I'll be waiting prob to November as well.

Originally posted by jokester
hey everyone...just a little public service announcement
I interviewed Sept 17 and was *hoping* for an acceptance around Oct 15, but it turns out that if you interviewed Sept 17 (the 2nd batch of interviews) your application is still under review-you'll *probably* be notified in Novemeber/December!!!....if you interviewed in the first batch (Aug 28th i think?) you will or have already received your notification, i believe.....you should probably call IU about your individual application to make sure....

IU is one of my top choices so I hope it comes through for me!
good luck to everyone!!!:clap:

I interviewed on the 17th too. I was really hoping to hear this month. My plans for the spring (finish off another degree, backpack or go overseas) are contingent on hearing from IU ASAP. Grrr.... I don't think I can wait. This is killing me.

i called. i interviewed in the first batch but my deans evaluation was so god d*mn late thanks to my crappy premed dean that i didnt go before the ad com board with those. guess i'll be waiting till november or so.

hey sunlit
sorry to hear about that....my stuff is all in but i feel your pain nonetheless...i've barely been able to sleep for the past month...it would be nice to have an early acceptance...in any case, you're still pretty early in the game so take heart. :)

is interviewing in november still early?

Originally posted by NDESTRUKT
is interviewing in november still early?

I have no idea...I interviewed in Sept. and it looks like I won't find out until Nov or Dec, so you can't be too late.

i interviewed Aug 27....and still no love in my mailbox :(

I interviewed on 9/17 and I got the letter in the mail on 10/16. Most of my stuff was in pretty early and I am in state. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone.