General Admissions & OTCAS Indiana OT Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How soon after the interview does Huntington give the final decision? I have an interview on November 9 and am wondering what the timeline looks like from there.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interviewing with Indiana State. Do you have any advice regarding the patient simulation/interview? And why did you choose St. Ambrose over your other acceptances?

Cumulative GPA: 3.6
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4-3.5
GRE: 149 V 148 Q 3.5 AW

Volunteer:
- Variety of volunteering in church for 7+ years, kids with development delays, in senior living centers, Cardinal Glennon, Habitat for Humanity etc.

Work:
- Montessori Infant Caregiver for 3 1/2 years (3000+ hours)

Misc: CPR/AED certified, Deans list for 3 years, Awarded Scholarship, Honor Society, Community Service Club, VP of Pre-OT club, Best Buddies, Community outreach class (Opening Minds through Art)

Observation experience:
- 120+ hours in six different settings.

References:
- Montessori daycare director
- OT professor for Community outreach class
- OT I observed in Peds

Applied : Indiana State, St. Ambrose, Maryville Univeristy, Midwestern, Davenport U, Adventist, Creighton, North Central

Interviews: St. Ambrose, Indiana State early admission, Creighton (declined), Adventist (declined), North Central (declined)

Rejected: Midwestern

Accepted: Indiana State, St. Ambrose, Maryville, Davenport

Attending: St. Ambrose

I'm interviewing with Indiana State. Do you have any advice regarding the patient simulation/interview? And why did you choose St. Ambrose over your other acceptances?

I didn’t have a patient simulation when I interviewed there. I had a discussion in my interview regarding ethical decisions so I would think it would be relating to ethics. The best advice would be use be yourself and show why you want to be OT. Be able to Explain what OT is and why this is your chosen profession. Smile a lot too. I liked Indiana State and it’s a really good program but I love St. Ambrose. The curriculum design and the way the program is set up works really well for me. On my interview day i could just really see myself attending here over any of the other schools. It’s an amazing program that is very student centered.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!

I had an interview at UIndy!
Anyone heard back from UIndy about acceptance?

I am interviewing Dec. 7th with UINDY. Any advice?

Hey!
Just be yourself! They have few questions about occupational therapy like how would you handle difficult patients from different background. Something like that.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys!

I got in at uIndy! And I was wondering how’s the MOT program over there? Also, I might need a roommate. If someone is interested