Indian food/desi khana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parasiteatwork

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
=====================================
need anything be said :)

Members don't see this ad.

parasiteatwork said:
=====================================
need anything be said :)

YUMMY!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
plazaday said:
chicken tikka masala..malai kofta...dhokla...gulab jamun..

:yummy

what about bombay ki bhel puri, south ka masala dosa, gujrat ka dhokla and pooran poli ,rajasthan ki dal bati with gatte ki saag and the bengali sweets....the list is endless

Premedtomed said:
What about Indian girls yaar?
I am feeling so lonely :(

what about indian girls...would u choose girls over food ?

parasiteatwork said:
what about indian girls...would u choose girls over food ?

Hmmm... well, if you have one, the other's sure to follow. :laugh:

I'm not a chauvinistic pig, I swear.

H2O said:
Hmmm... well, if you have one, the other's sure to follow. :laugh:

I'm not a chauvinistic pig, I swear.

i just hope u didnt mean 'if u have food the girls are sure to follow' :laugh: :laugh:

Premedtomed said:
What about Indian girls yaar?
I am feeling so lonely :(

aww don't feel lonely...there are plenty of indian girls (~500,000,000) :thumbup:

I love everything mentioned except the stuff that used to walk/talk/swim/fly.

ankitovich said:

what is that supposed to mean? :(

parasiteatwork said:
what about bombay ki bhel puri, south ka masala dosa, gujrat ka dhokla and pooran poli ,rajasthan ki dal bati with gatte ki saag and the bengali sweets....the list is endless

bhelpuri and Bombay ka dosa and Pav Bhaji too (Of course cooked Mumbaiya style) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think "ankitovich" is trying to say that he/she is a vegetarian... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Nevertheless, back to the topic...

I LOVE the typical dal, chawaal and roti!!! :D (Why isn't there a "drool" smily??)

And batata vaada, aloo ke paranthe, bhel puri, pani puri, chaat, double roti (is that what you call is? It's sort of like an Indian veggie burger kinda thing...), chilli paneer, samosa, ras-gulla, moti choor ladoo, gulab jamun... I can go on and on and on...

All this food sounds good, but yall better be packin' some breath mints and some Gas-X...Indian food...damn good...but the smell lingers...yall can't deny it. :p

Happy New Year...hope this one is better than the last!
Cheers,
Pagal

parasiteatwork said:
i just hope u didnt mean 'if u have food the girls are sure to follow' :laugh: :laugh:

Ya neva know...

i think veg food is good but only as long as you have not tasted nonveg.ofcourse everyone has their own personal preferances. :)

Hey all,

just now i was reading all postings about indian food .i feel it's very interesting i enjoyed reading it.

God bless Indian food...I don't care what anyone else says.

shivalrous said:
God bless Indian food...I don't care what anyone else says.

Agreed! i never knew how much i would miss it until i went to college and was left without it. now i know every good indian food place within 20 miles of Irvine! :rolleyes:

seriously, i think i've been to every single indian restaurant in chicago...and there's so many.

i need someone to cook for me.

PublicEnemy said:
seriously, i think i've been to every single indian restaurant in chicago...and there's so many.

i need someone to cook for me.

If u like indian food so much why dont u learn to cook and then you can enjoy it whenever u want....but ofcourse there is nothing like mom's cooking.Still cooking something is better than no cooking at all.

parasiteatwork said:
If u like indian food so much why dont u learn to cook and then you can enjoy it whenever u want....but ofcourse there is nothing like mom's cooking.Still cooking something is better than no cooking at all.

I have learned how to cook it...but sometimes (like during finals week) when i don't have time to cook or something...i would go out and buy some...or my friends and i would go out for indian food. and, you can't really cook naan at home, and that is my cure for a hard night of drinking :thumbup:

plus, nothing i make is as good as my mom's :( (not that mine is bad...my ex-bf used to love my cooking)

1hotaartichoke said:
I have learned how to cook it...but sometimes (like during finals week) when i don't have time to cook or something...i would go out and buy some...or my friends and i would go out for indian food. and, you can't really cook naan at home, and that is my cure for a hard night of drinking :thumbup:

plus, nothing i make is as good as my mom's :( (not that mine is bad...my ex-bf used to love my cooking)

The best indian food is :hungover:rum roll: that chocolate powder you mix with milk. Can't remember the name - found it in an international market. complan? not horlicks. :laugh: i can finish the whole bottle in minutes.

Indian cooking is all about mixing the right ingridents at the right time...the quantity rarely matters unless u add a lot of salt or chillies but otherwise once u get the right stuff together......its not a big deal.

1hotaartichoke said:

I guess it sucks to be your ex...never leave the girl that can fill your stomach.

shivalrous said:
I guess it sucks to be your ex...never leave the girl that can fill your stomach.

he didn't leave me, i left him :thumbup:, so it wasn't really his choice :D

1hotaartichoke said:
he didn't leave me, i left him :thumbup:, so it wasn't really his choice :D
By the way...aarti I just realized that one of the reasons for newyorker to fall in love with you (in the other thread)could be coz You can cook and you know how boyz r about food n stuff......

CaptainJack02 said:
The best indian food is :hungover:rum roll: that chocolate powder you mix with milk. Can't remember the name - found it in an international market. complan? not horlicks. :laugh: i can finish the whole bottle in minutes.
Boost? Bournvita? Maltova?

ankitovich said:
Grass is for cows :smuggrin:

CaptainJack02 said:

Bournvita?

I love bournvita.....u can drink it with milk or just eat it just like that...yummmy