India Med Students Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it possible to get thru biochem w/o orgo or are most people taking orgo b4 they go to med school in india? (n the basic premed reqs) Is there a lot of help from profs n r there any tutorial classes that can be utilized on campus by the med schools? ( there have been quite a few good posts on india med school threads, which i found really helpful, but i wasn't sure about how high school grads tended to fare first year biochem without the orgo background)

thnks

Members don't see this ad.

Curious2 said:
Is it possible to get thru biochem w/o orgo or are most people taking orgo b4 they go to med school in india? (n the basic premed reqs) Is there a lot of help from profs n r there any tutorial classes that can be utilized on campus by the med schools? ( there have been quite a few good posts on india med school threads, which i found realy helpful, but i wasn't sure about how high school grads tended to fare first year biochem without the orgo background)

thnks

orgo and physics are essentially worthless once you are in med school. They are only important for the MCAT. I would hazard that orgo's only value is proving you can memorize lots of info. You will not need a bit of chemistry over what you learned in high school.

Dean Hughson is a 300+ lb weighing, 54 year old unemployed hobo sitting in Phoenix, AZ. He is a self proclaimed "consumer advocate" with no knowledge of foreign medical school systems. The guy spreads venom through his websites about people/places/things he hates. In 1991, his wife divorced him due to his problem with alcohol and gambling. (See: http://www.divorcesupport.com/columns/divorceguy.shtml ) He has written many letters to the White House about imprisoning illegal immigrants in AZ, about banning Micheal Jackson from TV, about stopping the funding of NASA, and about stopping the inflow of foreign docs in the US by defaming their medical schools. Once he was charged with misdemeanor theft for stealing from Auto Zone. Fortunately, no one listens to this oaf.

Jasminegab said:
One interesting point that Poly never took the time to show you is a link to a post of an accepted individual into SLSOM and the deceptive ways Azskeptic (Dean Hughson, whom claims to be a consumer advocate?) and others tried to use to convince him that SLSOM is fruad and should be held as a skeptical school to attend.

Azskeptic whom poly refers to is not a student of SLSOM nor is he a legitimate source to get your information from concerning which schools are worth applying to and which aren't-keep in mind, creditable sources always list just how they obtained the information and the sources they used to obatin the information. Never do they use their own opinion based on information which they don't have facts on). When you read the link below you will see what followed was a long soga about the faculty's credentials listed on SLSOM faculty website.

Azskeptic went through great lengths to prove that since one faculty member listed that he has a degree from SLSOM (could it be possible that the President of the school issued Dr. Arnett an honorary degree and that Dr. Arnett came to be V.P. of SLSOM?) and that this same faculty member is a contact member for another Medical school, and Dr. Arnett graduated from a carribean medical that later was found to be connected to selling MD degrees online, SLSOM must be bogus and Dr. Arnett must have purchased his degree from online as well. Azskeptic had almost convinced this student that SLSOM is run by bogus faculty members and everyone should be skeptical of SLSOM.

Not because SLSOM is not what it claims to be nor that it had a proven track record of student complaints, but over faculty credentials which is obvious he's knows nothing about and is clearly basing his bias on opinions, not facts. The would be student continue to contact the VP (Dr. Arnett) and President (Dr. Dolphin) of SLSOM and finally agreed that he would base his final decision on what his state medical board had to say of the whole situation in terms of him becoming licensed and taking his first 2 yrs (basic sciences) online.

Well, the board responded that he would be able to be licensed. The would be student then responded to Azskeptic and the others that he had made the final decision to attend SLSOM. Azskeptic and other's continued to try to convince this would be student that SLSOM is a school to be skeptical over and not worth the time to attend. Azskeptic, having clearly been proven wrong that the would be student would never be able to become licensed nor obtain a residency, never once offered a formal apology. Azskeptic went on to post the links that Poly listed in his post.

I know the information Azskeptic is claiming is false because once you become accepted into SLSOM, just like any other medical school, you recieve a list of residency spots, you are put into contact with other students in the school and you recieve information that outsiders normally do not have access to. Now with this information at hand, you be the judge! Read the threads posted by me and poly and you be your own judge.

I will not respond to any other post that resemble the post like poly or Azskeptic. I only responded to this one because I felt that I needed to defend SLSOM being a accepted Fall 2004 student. But what point is it because I'm getting what I need to get and going where I need to go to become a competent physician despite what anyone thinks.

Azskeptic tactics of trying to convince a would be studen't that SLSOM is a fraud