Incoming NYCPM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pod2011

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any 2011 NYCPM students moved to Parkchester yet or are planning to move to Parkchester soon? It would be nice to know who is close by (for studying and such).

Members don't see this ad.

the admissions office called last week and were asking/ confirming we were/we not getting student housing; I think in order to arrange enough transportation from parkchester for orientation on thursday, if that's the case, logic says ppl might be moving in within the next 2 days or so....

I'm at 1650 Metropolitan Avenue. The area seems alright; better than I thought it would be. There are so many stores around the area too.

Anyone else?

Brian.

Members don't see this ad :)
49th and 8th.....
anyone in midtown?

I'm at 1541 metropolitan ave (just north of the oval). You really don't have to leave the neighborhood for anything, that's pretty sweet. I'm going to go check out the bowling alley tomorrow.

well i'm actually moving tomorrow (wednesday). some stuff happened, and sara mota told me that i'm going to be living a block away from the oval now. i was originally at 1650. i saw the movie theater right over there, but i didn't see the bowling alley. is it in parkchester, or outside of the area? it definitely does seem like a pretty cool area though; lots of stores right outside your front door. t-minus 39 hours or so until orientation...

brian.

Yeah the bowling alley is on Unionport rd about 2 blocks off the oval. The movie theater and Uno's are both pretty nice. I finally got some furniture so no more sitting on the floor!

Question from someone looking at NYCPM...do they give you housing or suggest where to live? It seems a lot of you live in the Parkchester area. Do they provide transportation to/from class or do you guys either drive/take the subway (if possible...). Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much does it run to live there for whatever size apartment you have and utilities too? Sorry for all the questions. I'm visiting either Sept 7th or 9th and am trying to get a feel for things. Thanks