Incoming class 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ultracet

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new and I'm a 2nd year at Samford Pharmacy (MSOP). I just thought you all would like to know something. I was recently in a meeting with our Dean and we were discussing the incoming class. We have already had over 1200 applicants (the number has increased by several hundred because of the internet applications) for this year. We have a rolling admission. These applications are not all the people who have applied but only those who meet the basic criteria of the school. Apparently the admissions committee doesn't even see the applications of those who don't meet their basic GPA etc requirements.

On another note....
He also stated that they do strongly preferance those with a BS. And also the applicants with no extracurriculars are rarely going to get in as well.

Good luck to those applying.
If anyone has any questions etc just let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I just sent you a private message......was just wondering if you know how many people they have accepted? I didn't know they had rolling admissions....okay well thanks for the help.

Hey BB- just a question- I keep seeing "prefer people with a BS.." throughout different threads. I may be a little dense, but a BS in what? pharmacy? or any BS degree in general?

Originally posted by MALA
Hey BB- just a question- I keep seeing "prefer people with a BS.." throughout different threads. I may be a little dense, but a BS in what? pharmacy? or any BS degree in general?

Usually just a BS in a science.