Income

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryan_eyeball

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I won't give exact specifics, but i was always a firm believer that hard work could pay off. And I know some docs don't like sharing incomes, but hey its anonymous anyways. Some private docs might chime in and say they make way more than me, which is great. I'd just like to share my experiences so far.

I've been practicing since August 5th. I was not able to take insurance til Oct 10th, 2006. Commercial setting in a midwest state. My intentions have always been to go private in another two years. I am not trying to sway or convince anyone to go corporate.

Projecting after this month (after 5 months practicing), i'll be well over $40k for income. To project another $30k in 7 months is obviously going to be easy with high volume months of January, Feb, June and July still left, esp since i can insurances. $100k is definitely possible first year from first day of practice.

Corporate incomes will become pretty much capped out, because your not going to get income other than exam fees. Although you can start billing medical exams, and glaucoma care if you are set up for the mode. Also after two years of corporate I'm sure I'll be ready to start getting some of returns off private spectacle sells.

Any mode you choose, make sure its for you. 2nd, Medical insurance plans have been beat to death in our heads on here, rightfully so. 3rd location is important, saturation = bad, duh.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for that information, its always great to hear success stories after all that is said here.
Good luck and stay in touch.