Incident reports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikolaite

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m seeing that different facilities have different centers to organize doctor and nurse, etc. incident reports. Some of these regarding falls or other like incidents don’t get cross referenced in the pt med record. This is concerning when they contain information of interest for conducting case studies or large scale records based research. How would you all suggest coordination with different hospitals to return a records keeping loop in an ongoing study?

For example, when patients are admitted to the study and have an unrecorded fall with head injury that results in further patient work up. This additional work up may appear related to the thrombectomy study if there is no way to source records of the fall. Who should I contact on this at the hospital? QC or Risk Management?

I don’t want to add records keeping to a protocol if the paperwork is already done, but in another department. Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.