"In the area" e-mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microshar88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Still no invites for me as far as interviews are concerned. I have to fly to Pennsylvania next month to retake my COMLEX 2 PE. I was wondering, if it is inappropriate, albeit even desperate, to let some programs know that I'm going to be in the East Coast during those days? Does it hurt candidacy quite a bit?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,
Still no invites for me as far as interviews are concerned. I have to fly to Pennsylvania next month to retake my COMLEX 2 PE. I was wondering, if it is inappropriate, albeit even desperate, to let some programs know that I'm going to be in the East Coast during those days? Does it hurt candidacy quite a bit?

Thanks

Very few programs are going to be offering interview dates in October. Also "East Coast" is rather stretching the definition of in the area.

It is also very early for interview offers to be coming out; many programs are just beginning to review applications.

I think further into the interview season there may be some limited role for these types of things, but it is very premature at this point.

Hey all,

Thanks

Almost noone is interviewing until November or very late October. This would be exceedingly premature and unlikely to help you in any way. I have no idea if it will hurt you or not.

It's far more likely to work as a tactic late in the season when people have started cancelling interviews. But seriously, it's way too early to be worried about not receiving interview invitations yet. Web-based ERAS has been glitchy at best (it feels like living in that commercial where the computers pop up on the desk for random seconds at a time, then disappear again), making application reviews slower than normal. An "in the area" email now would not come across well, and I doubt it would yield long-term success. MSPEs become available on Wed next week--give it a week after that before you worry too much.

Reactions: 1 user