In-Office Treatment Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enthused91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Every time I have gone into a dermatologists they use either a chemical spray or a liquid chemical on my acne which pretty much sucks everything out of any zits and basically seems to pop them without all the irritation? Reminds me of the nitrogen they give you for wart removal, but I want to know what it is and the doctors always have some cutsey name for it instead of what it actually is... anyone have any ideas??

Members don't see this ad.

Cryotherapy? With liquid nitrogen?

And I have NEVER heard of this being used on acne.

No I wasn't saying it was actually done with liquid nitrogen, it just reminded me of it because it had the same cold-burn noise and feel that the liquid nitrogen I had for warts did... So I'm not sure what it is...

Members don't see this ad :)
So I called and asked the doctors office, and she told me it was a cryo slush. Does anyone know what that would be and if I would be able to purchase something similar on my own?

....on second thought, I'm not going to say what it is... but --

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

Last edited:
Well, I don't think it is going to matter, because I found out and it isn't available anywhere so it will now be more so I know what to ask for when I go...

it's still available -- who told you that it was not? They're nuts -- all three ingredients are readily available... and common.

No one told me... i just couldn't find much out about cryoslush online.... so what would you mix the three ingredients and use it like that? I won't be trying it at home... just curious.... I'm not that confident in my skills, wish I was but I'm not...

Couldn't someone please tell me what those ingredients are, I'm just curious because the name "cryoslush" doesn't sound too specific to me... I am wondering if every doctors mixture and ingredients are the same or if it is just a generic term... I can always just ask the doctor to tell me exactly what is in it when I go in, so it isn't like this is giving me information that will harm me... I'm just curious