In need of last minute interview practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimpossible26

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I recently got invited to an interview this week. All my previous interviews resulted in being waitlisted, so I partially think that my interview skills are severely lacking. I want to know if anyone is willing to do some last minute practice sessions with me. I understand this is very last minute and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

What's the format? Note that due to timing in the cycle, you may be interviewing for a spot in the waitlist until movement begins.
From what I looked up, the format seems to be closed file. Unfortunately, it is that time of the cycle. However, I am hoping that my interview will at least put me in a better position.

From what I looked up, the format seems to be closed file. Unfortunately, it is that time of the cycle. However, I am hoping that my interview will at least put me in a better position.
I think @Mr.Smile12's point was a preemptive one for you not to be too hard on yourself, no matter what happens, due to the timing. Also, I wouldn't stress too much about one interview in April. How many have you had so far, and at what type of school? Depending on your answer, your situation might not be nearly as dire as it now seems, and you very well could be looking at multiple As in a month or so.

Other than the WLs, do you have any reason to think your skills are lacking? Did you receive any feedback from friends, family or advisors either before or during this cycle? The process is extremely competitive. Plenty of people receive zero IIs. And many with multiple IIs receive no As, with there being nothing wrong with their interviewing skills.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone!

I recently got invited to an interview this week. All my previous interviews resulted in being waitlisted, so I partially think that my interview skills are severely lacking. I want to know if anyone is willing to do some last minute practice sessions with me. I understand this is very last minute and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
It is certainly possible to interview well and not get accepted. However, if you've had 3 or 4 interviews (or more) and no acceptances I too would start to suspect that your interview skills could use improvement. At least, try to improve them so that for your next interview, you'll know you're well-prepared.

I think @Mr.Smile12's point was a preemptive one for you not to be too hard on yourself, no matter what happens, due to the timing. Also, I wouldn't stress too much about one interview in April. How many have you had so far, and at what type of school? Depending on your answer, your situation might not be nearly as dire as it now seems, and you very well could be looking at multiple As in a month or so.

Other than the WLs, do you have any reason to think your skills are lacking? Did you receive any feedback from friends, family or advisors either before or during this cycle? The process is extremely competitive. Plenty of people receive zero IIs. And many with multiple IIs receive no As, with there being nothing wrong with their interviewing skills.
I completely understand. I’ve had three interviews so far and two more in the future. As of now I have been waitlisted at 2 school and rejected at one. I just wanted to be able to sit back knowing at least that I gave it my all. I haven’t received feedback yet, but I feel that the way I answer questions with family members and friends is much better than on interview day. I tend to have a hard time conveying my thoughts during interviews. I really don’t know how to get past this but I figured that having to explain myself to people I don’t know can be a good start.

Reactions: 2 users
It is certainly possible to interview well and not get accepted. However, if you've had 3 or 4 interviews (or more) and no acceptances I too would start to suspect that your interview skills could use improvement. At least, try to improve them so that for your next interview, you'll know you're well-prepared.
I agree. I am not being overly critical on myself