In great need of help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Principal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have chlamydia trachomatis. I've been treated with azythromycin,erythromycin and ofloxacin(intraveneously), unsuccessfully. I have been taking first two for 12 days, and the last for 10 days. And nothing...
Has anyone had similar experience or knows someone who did?
If not could you direct me to some other forum which has urology section covered better?
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

stop having sex!!! with all partners. Then see if it goes away. up to 50% of men and 75% of women have asymptomatic chlamydia. You may need to have your partners checked and treated. Either way, seek medical care(consider Doxycycline, Levaquin, etc.).... you don't want PID(that is if you are female). Good luck and God speed!

I wouldn't suggest ANY forum (let alone one which is generally populated by pre med and med students, with a pinch of residents every now and again) to deal with an actual medical problem. Please discuss this with the physician whom is treating you or seek a second opinion if you are unhappy with the treatment plan.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kimberli Cox said:
I wouldn't suggest ANY forum (let alone one which is generally populated by pre med and med students, with a pinch of residents every now and again) to deal with an actual medical problem. Please discuss this with the physician whom is treating you or seek a second opinion if you are unhappy with the treatment plan.

I am so tired of this type of response. It is such a tight ass response! The person isn't asking for you to tell them exactly what meds they need, they just wanted an educated response for where they should turn. Your typical monkey response is irritating. If you think that a med student or resident can't tell someone to consider different meds and to see a doc ASAP, then I can't imagine what type of med student or resident you are/were... scary to think about. Your response tells me you are extremely conservative. Everyone who has a brain knows that a forum is not the place for treating people, but there is no problem in giving a person some info and educating them. In the future, if you don't have anything productive to say, wiggle your fingers elsewhere.

P.S. I consider your response one of a "DIRTY" SDN ADMN. I hope you get the joke,although you might be too close minded though. :laugh:

marchiafava said:
I am so tired of this type of response. It is such a tight ass response! The person isn't asking for you to tell them exactly what meds they need, they just wanted an educated response for where they should turn. Your typical monkey response is irritating. If you think that a med student or resident can't tell someone to consider different meds and to see a doc ASAP, then I can't imagine what type of med student or resident you are/were... scary to think about. Your response tells me you are extremely conservative. Everyone who has a brain knows that a forum is not the place for treating people, but there is no problem in giving a person some info and educating them. In the future, if you don't have anything productive to say, wiggle your fingers elsewhere.

P.S. I consider your response one of a "DIRTY" SDN ADMN. I hope you get the joke,although you might be too close minded though. :laugh:

Well, there really wasn't anything else to say after your first response (which was accurate and good advice) but I couldn't help myself, as "wiggling my fingers" was all I felt like doing today.

Errr...on the keyboard.

Errr...at least until my boyfriend gets home.

Errr...or maybe if he doesn't! ;)

Im actually turned on right now. might need to visit the bathroom.......

Let's just say that I am so bored right now, that chlamydia management is interesting??!! I'm having a good old time reading the absurdity going on in the Neuro forum concerning whether or not certain applicants are Really applicants or just CIA spies!!! Can't wait to be done vacation....

marchiafava said:
Let's just say that I am so bored right now, that chlamydia management is interesting??!! I'm having a good old time reading the absurdity going on in the Neuro forum concerning whether or not certain applicants are Really applicants or just CIA spies!!! Can't wait to be done vacation....

Your best bet for a cure is surgery. Preferrably a vasectomy. Now go to it. Don't waste another second.