In a pickle/Need some advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eeeeagle!!

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Never been in a situation like yours before, but personally I think I would disclose on your apps and submit early? It was 6 years ago and as long as you show you've matured and not have something similar repeated recently I think it may be okay?

You have what I feel are really solid stats and ECs so from that perspective I think you're fine. If you decide to submit in September anyways, I personally think it's pretty normal and not abnormally late or something to be concerned about.

Your stats are about average for osteopathic schools, so your best bet is to apply early. It was six years ago and you're taking care of the incident. Be prepared to discuss it and disclose whatever the schools want. I think it should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you're suppose to say 'Yes.' I know on your medical license application it says you have to disclose expunged records also. I think the MD application has a FAQ for each question and how you're suppose to respond.

You'll be fine. You weren't even convicted. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited:
If you weren't convicted then they won't ask you. In this country you're innocent until proven guilty. It could've been a misunderstanding.

If I remember right they asked if you've ever been convicted of a crime. I don't remember them ever asking if you've ever been accused

Be honest on apps and being that you weren't convicted it may not even come up on some background checks. If it does and you were honest there's little to worry about. You might have to explain what and why and secondaries.

Your stats are about average for osteopathic schools, so your best bet is to apply early. It was six years ago and you're taking care of the incident. Be prepared to discuss it and disclose whatever the schools want. I think it should be fine.

His stats are far above average...

Reactions: 1 user
His stats are far above average...
If we're just looking at numbers, the undergrad stats are about average for DO schools. The extracurriculars are great, but I've seen many people with similar apps not get in.

If we're just looking at numbers, the undergrad stats are about average for DO schools. The extracurriculars are great, but I've seen many people with similar apps not get in.

I was under the impression that my undergrad GPA's were above average. The AACOM report for 2015 show a mean cGPA of 3.44 and sGPA of 3.3. Maybe I'm mistaken or something though!

I was under the impression that my undergrad GPA's were above average. The AACOM report for 2015 show a mean cGPA of 3.44 and sGPA of 3.3. Maybe I'm mistaken or something though!
Your GPA is good and you shouldn't have a problem with most DO schools stat wise. Assuming you don't have a criminal record for selling weed or some such. There are always people quick to bash you if you aren't 2 SD above the mean. I'd bet on quite a few interviews if your personal statement or rec letters or some such doesn't trip you up. Still apply early and broadly to maximize your chances.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Your GPA is good and you shouldn't have a problem with most DO schools stat wise. Assuming you don't have a criminal record for selling weed or some such. There are always people quick to bash you if you aren't 2 SD above the mean. I'd bet on quite a few interviews if your personal statement or rec letters or some such doesn't trip you up. Still apply early and broadly to maximize your chances.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the solid input!! No definitely did not get caught selling weed haha. Was just in the wrong persons dorm at the wrong time as a freshman in college many years ago. But thanks for the advice, from everyone's input on here it looks like applying early makes a big difference!

Reactions: 1 user