Impressions: Mayo, Dartmouth, University of Wisconsin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Onewingdove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Liked all these programs. I’m interested in others’ impressions. How are they regarded by the larger HPM community? What do you see as particular strength/weaknesses? I’m interested in a supportive culture, strong training in both symptom management and communication skills, and an outdoorsy environment (for the spouse/kids). Not particularly interested in a career in academia/research. Thanks for any thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Liked all these programs. I’m interested in others’ impressions. How are they regarded by the larger HPM community? What do you see as particular strength/weaknesses? I’m interested in a supportive culture, strong training in both symptom management and communication skills, and an outdoorsy environment (for the spouse/kids). Not particularly interested in a career in academia/research. Thanks for any thoughts!

Not qualified to comment on most of this, but I did live in Rochester, MN until midway through 2016. I think COL has gone up a bit since then with the whole destination medical center thing. I liked it there though. Nice bike trails and areas to explore. Lots of outdoorsy types live there (also lots of endurance athletes). My friends with kids found it very family friendly. I wouldn’t mind living there again, not too big but access to twin cities if you need some big city stuff, not too small.