Importance of GPA.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanju

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
its great reading that so many of us are getting into schools for 2004. All the Best to all of them. I still have 2 ionterviews (BU, and UPenn) in January. I was really wondering how much weightage do Universities give to our Gpa. My part 1 i 88 and GPA is 2.53. from the acceptance thread i realised that a GPA of above 3 is appreciated. i plan to take part 2 in march and improve my application for next year (which i think i will have to ) but as for my GPA there is really nothing much i can do now.
Henna, what do you think? with a GPA of 2.53 what are my chances of getting into dental school for advanced standing. i am sure a lot many people like me have this question. any help on this front would be appreciated.

sanju

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Sanju

Henna, what do you think? with a GPA of 2.53 what are my chances of getting into dental school for advanced standing. i am sure a lot many people like me have this question. any help on this front would be appreciated.

sanju

In your statement of purpose or if its too late during the interview you can just mention that you were graded on a different scale so even if you were on the top of your class you still wouldn't get 100/100...........etc etc..they'll buy it. Good Luck .

Thanks a lot henna

sanju

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Henna
... just mention that you were graded on a different scale so even if you were on the top of your class you still wouldn't get 100/100............

I will think that even if your GPA isn't high enough because of grading differences, at least it will show stability and responsability during your school years. I mean they can tell what kind of school responsability if you taken during those dental school years; and they will be able to tell that you remained committed to it during the whole time, not just during the first or last years only. Right? :confused: or this is just **?

thanks meggs. i think so too . i hope they dod not read too much into the GPA. the only thing that bothers me is that if it does matter, i have no ways of changing it. what else? where all have you interviewed so far? do you have any admissions in hand? all the best for your interviews ahead. do you stay in california? maybe we can talk sometime. if you forward me your tel no i cn call ou up too.

sanju