IMG planning to move to canada, Interested in Surgery Post-graduation.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curious.seeker

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm an IMG, planning for canadian immigration in 2019. Currently in South Asia. Interested in Surgery post graduation (preferably in Orthopedics/ Urology/ Plastics). Can someone please guide me as to what route i have to take and what exams are necessary for me? I'm a 2016 graduate.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm an IMG, planning for canadian immigration in 2019. Currently in South Asia. Interested in Surgery post graduation (preferably in Orthopedics/ Urology/ Plastics). Can someone please guide me as to what route i have to take and what exams are necessary for me? I'm a 2016 graduate.

Extremely Difficult since you may not have the Canadian Elective and experience.
It will take around 2-5 years for you to network

Advice:

1) Do extremely well on the NAC-OSCE over 85
2) Do Extremely well on the MCCQE1 and 2
3) Get Canadian Letters of Recommendation in the field you want by finding either research or volunteer work
4) Consider other options since your chances to matching to these fields is close to 1%, and those IMG who do match to these fields are Canadians who studied abroad with 12 weeks of electives and stellar scores on the Canadian exams and at least 2 LORs from Canadian Faculty. But even they apply for a couple of back specialty up since is extremely hard or near impossible.

Consider long plan and short plan.