I'm scared

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dilex

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a huge question... I have horrible grades... somewhere around 2.6 for both science and total. I am expecting to get about a 21-22 on PAT and maybe 18-19 on academic. What do you guys think my chances are anywhere? What are the easiest schools to get into? I need help... I didn't get bad grades because of laziness, I had problems, like my new husband almost dying of a kidney disorder less than one year after we were married! I was 21!!! Well, I really appreciate anyone who writes me a reply... I need to know what schools will not look at my grades... if any... thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Characteristics of 1999-2000 entering class (the 5 schools with the lowest overall GPAs):
(overall GPA, sci GPA, DAT academic, PAT)
Meharry - 2.94, 2.76, 16.5, 15.0.
Howard - 2.99, 2.88, 16.0, 15.0.
Tufts - 3.16, 3.02, 18.24, 17.55.
Tennessee - 3.24, 3.10, 17.0, 17.0.
UOP - 3.24, 3.15, 19.9, 18.9.

UOP doesn't put as much emphasis on GPA. UOP looks at the following in this order:
1. Personal skills and experience.
2. DAT
3. Academics
4. Competitive AADSAS application

Good luck!

I had a question...I also stated my stats about my GPA and DAT (3.01 overall/2.7 sci and 18/17 on DAT). You made it seem like I have no shot. I applied to Howard, UOP, Tufts, Meharry...I don't think I applied late...actually I applied in August and by the time all the processing was through, the schools got them now (ADEA shut down for like a week). I also worked in a dentist's office this summer...I too had some rough times making me transfer from Boston University to my current school (SUNY Binghamton). Although my grades don't show it, I think I turned my attitude and maturity around. I was always a good student, my parents wanted me to be physicians like them, and after I got to Boston U, I got caught up in doing bad things, but I've changed. I know an 18 academic/17 PAT on the DAT is not the greatest, but I worked my ass off in the summer for that score. Anyway, I'm determined...do you think I'm being realistic or am I in la-la land??? Thanks.