im in a diffrent field...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junlexx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i love filmmaking but, honestly, there are two jobs in the process that I know I can’t do—I can’t produce and I can’t edit. I don’t have the personality of a producer; I am not confrontational by nature and I hate bossing people around. I also don’t care for all that paperwork involved, the permits, releases, phone calls and people to organize. I have a lot of respect for the people who can produce; it’s a tough, tough job. As far as editing is concerned, I just can’t seem to sit myself down in front of a computer for hours and hours on end. I get fidgety, restless and after 20 or 30 minutes I just have to get up and go. Where? Anywhere! Sitting there, I feel like the water building up behind a dam ready to burst through. It is a unique, solitary task. I firmly believe only a few people have the disposition for it, but it is these talented individuals who have the clearest vision of all of us when it comes to what a film could look like. A director seems to imagine concepts in broad, often abstract, strokes. An editor, however, sees each shot in vivid clarity, knowing where it will go, how long it will appear on screen and how to make it most effective.

Members don't see this ad.