IM/CCM Joining the Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShowtimeKaner88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone provide insight into how this is going to work this year with IM/CCM joining the NRMP? Specifically, how are they going to group applicants from different specialties (IM vs EM, etc)? Or are they going to group everyone together to create one match list? This would significantly change the game for EM applicants more than IM applicants from what I can tell. Pitt reportedly is going to have an IM match and EM match list, but not sure if other programs will follow suit.

Any help appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
EM or IM doesn’t really matter: how high one is ranked by the program is what does. This isn’t any different from other subspecialties that accept applicants from more than one specialty.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone knows when interviews invites are coming out. I only had one program invited me and one rejection so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows when interviews invites are coming out. I only had one program invited me and one rejection so far.

It's still early, which is probably the primary reason. The second reason is you are probably looking for a 1 year spot based on your name. Those are more competitive due to fewer positions available. Look into a position at your current institution, sometimes programs can create one for a desirable candidate.

Anyone get any interviews yet?