Illinois Vet Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpeace93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! This might seem kind of random, but I'm waiting to hear back from my interview at Illinois and just had a question for the students that go there. I had jumped into a tour during my time there and I think I missed a lot....realizing this when I went to MSU and thought to myself "wait, where was that at Illinois..." so I was just wondering if anyone could take pictures and post them of the different clinical settings, anatomy lab, emergency, wildlife care center, etc. MSU had a new emergency suite and rooms for almost anything I could think of and so now it just makes me nervous since I didn't see much at Illinois.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! This might seem kind of random, but I'm waiting to hear back from my interview at Illinois and just had a question for the students that go there. I had jumped into a tour during my time there and I think I missed a lot....realizing this when I went to MSU and thought to myself "wait, where was that at Illinois..." so I was just wondering if anyone could take pictures and post them of the different clinical settings, anatomy lab, emergency, wildlife care center, etc. MSU had a new emergency suite and rooms for almost anything I could think of and so now it just makes me nervous since I didn't see much at Illinois.

Thank you!

I can assure you we have all those things, as far as posting pictures of them.....
Check out the schools facebook page. There are some pictures of things on there. https://www.facebook.com/VetMed.Illinois/timeline

I can assure you we have all those things, as far as posting pictures of them.....
Check out the schools facebook page. There are some pictures of things on there. https://www.facebook.com/VetMed.Illinois/timeline

Yeah, I've been on their Facebook before, I just wasn't sure if someone was able to give me a "virtual tour" I guess. I figured they had everything MSU does, but it would just be nice to see it all; I'm not sure how in depth the tours were on interview day. Either way, Illinois is still my top choice :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I've been on their Facebook before, I just wasn't sure if someone was able to give me a "virtual tour" I guess. I figured they had everything MSU does, but it would just be nice to see it all; I'm not sure how in depth the tours were on interview day. Either way, Illinois is still my top choice :)
We're not really allowed to take pictures of most aspects of the school, as part of the privacy policy and out of respect for the clients/patients. If you're on the fence, consider visiting the school again or looking up if there's any kind of tour thing on YouTube for UIUC.

If you can get back to the area, Illinois does give tours during the school year. I know, because I gave them during lunch or after class. You can call or email.
Did you go to the learning center? That's where most people miss when they jump in on the tour. There is a slideshow for that one with all of the areas and equipment we got to practice with.
I can tell you that other vet schools do not have that yet.

If you can get back to the area, Illinois does give tours during the school year. I know, because I gave them during lunch or after class. You can call or email.
Did you go to the learning center? That's where most people miss when they jump in on the tour. There is a slideshow for that one with all of the areas and equipment we got to practice with.
I can tell you that other vet schools do not have that yet.

Seeing your post is like a time warp!

Hope you are doing well!

I still come out of my cave from time to time. ;)