Illinois DPT programs 2024 Cohorts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mdavis12

Reaction score
Good evening!

I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are looking into attending DPT school in Illinois. I think it is a great way to get to know some of our peers at different universities and connect with those who are going to attend the same university. We will probably all at one point run into each other at clinicals anyway!

So what DPT school will you/or are you hoping to attend(I know some programs are still conducting interviews.) And what drew you to that said University?

I will be attending Governors State University starting in May. I was an undergrad student at the university and i was apart of the PTSA club as a undergrad so for me, it's familiarization.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good evening!

I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are looking into attending DPT school in Illinois. I think it is a great way to get to know some of our peers at different universities and connect with those who are going to attend the same university. We will probably all at one point run into each other at clinicals anyway!

So what DPT school will you/or are you hoping to attend(I know some programs are still conducting interviews.) And what drew you to that said University?

I will be attending Governors State University starting in May. I was an undergrad student at the university and i was apart of the PTSA club as a undergrad so for me, it's familiarization.
Hello! I am currently deciding between Governors and Rosalind Franklin University as I have been accepted to both. Could I ask why you chose to attend Governors?

Hello! I am currently deciding between Governors and Rosalind Franklin University as I have been accepted to both. Could I ask why you chose to attend Governors?
Of course and Congrats on your acceptances! I will be attending GSU because of my familiarity with the program. I am a recent graduate of Governors Bio program and I was also an active member with GSUs DPT PTSA club. So through the club I got to know a lot of the PT students, see their characters and learn more about their values. I was able to witness first hand the types of PTs the university mold. Also I heard from other students how when they went to CSM or the APTA conventions, they felt that they were able to understand and participate in some of the lectures at the PT conventions better than others because of they learnt. Those are more of my personal reasons.

GSU is also relatively smaller than other public universities. It has more of a loft type feel throughout the campus very cozy and comfortable. Easier for people to open up to others and communicate. The PT cohorts are always together and always participate in activities throughout the campus and off campus. So even though the course work will be rigorous you have downtime to enjoy yourself.

Biggest reason would be cost. Its one of the cheapest. I believe the cheapest in Illinois. And i know off hand most of the recent cohorts and they all were able to obtain jobs last year upon graduating!

It would be cool if you attend! Would love to get to know some of my future classmates!!!

Hi! I am a current student at UIC. My experience has been terrible. The quality of education has declined so much and I feel we dont learn what we should be for an entry level job. There are so many issues with the administration as well. While many go here because of the cost (which i completely understand) I would def recommend other schools.