if you wanted to improve on step 1-step 2 is your chance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheCat

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I did decently on step 1 but was butt ass sick as a dog on test day and felt i could have done way better-I had a 218-I took step 2 and got my scores back recently and got a 241-so It is defeintly doable if you feel you can improve on step 1-take step 2 early and apply and it can make up for a subpar step 1-Especially if you felt anatomy and molecular bio were weak for you-which they were for me-i missed almost all anatomy and mol bio questions-there is none of that on step 2 yay! so anyway just some encouargment if you dont do as well as you did on step 1

Members don't see this ad.

Well I did decently on step 1 but was butt ass sick as a dog on test day and felt i could have done way better-I had a 218-I took step 2 and got my scores back recently and got a 241-so It is defeintly doable if you feel you can improve on step 1-take step 2 early and apply and it can make up for a subpar step 1-Especially if you felt anatomy and molecular bio were weak for you-which they were for me-i missed almost all anatomy and mol bio questions-there is none of that on step 2 yay! so anyway just some encouargment if you dont do as well as you did on step 1

nice job,
can you please let us know how you were doing on the practice exams. nbme? uw?

thanks

It is hard to give any info really-the only thing I did was UW but only got 700 questions done and i did the sections I was weak at-ie. I did all the obgyn, peds, surgery, microbiology, derm questions-so those are my weakest so im sure my average was much lower than had I did random questions-but I did a 61 percent on 700 questions on those sections. I did not do the nbme practice or any other questions/tests. I really just studied hard 3rd year and i studied really hard year 2 but just had a bad test day for step 1-nothing magical i really did for step 2-but if i could do it over again I would try to finish UW forsure-it was a great resource

Congrats on the improvement; I'm hoping for the same. However, a 218 on step I is nothing to be ashamed of.....

Members don't see this ad :)