If you hadn't matched.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newbiedoc1977

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
..what field would you have done??

I am a internal medicine intern considering my options now. I like outpatient setting, quick and focused exams and short procedures. This is derm to the tee, however, my app is not derm material (never applied, was already matched in IM when I did my derm rotation).

What other specialties are like this? What specialties would have made you happy??

I am considering allergy, it would probably fit the bill. Plus, I find the immunology aspect interesting.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a internal medicine intern considering my options now. I like outpatient setting, quick and focused exams and short procedures. This is derm to the tee, however, my app is not derm material (never applied, was already matched in IM when I did my derm rotation).

What other specialties are like this? What specialties would have made you happy??

I am considering allergy, it would probably fit the bill. Plus, I find the immunology aspect interesting.

Maybe pulmonary would fit the bill (without the critical care). Short, outpatient procedures. Lots of clinic, no real emergencies (the critical care pulmonologists and intesnivists woudl take care of all emergency bronchs, etc).

research year & try again

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe pulmonary would fit the bill (without the critical care). Short, outpatient procedures. Lots of clinic, no real emergencies (the critical care pulmonologists and intesnivists woudl take care of all emergency bronchs, etc).
I dont think its easy to find employment in Pulmonary by doing only outpt procedures I'm told that critical care work is now a big part of this specialty.
Allergy is a good option.Much asthma and sinus related problems.Very lucrative withshort pt encounters.This fellowship follows IM or Peds is also very competitive.

Sounds a lot like family med as well.