If you couldn't ever get a spot at a neurosurgey residency program in the States, wwyd?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itisallrelative

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering is all. I'm interested in answers were you end up practicing "medicine (I don't mean to exclude surgery by writing this)."

I'm not interesting in answers like, "Well, then I would quit medicine, etc. (although I can't really stop you from posting, so feel free! Ha!)"

Members don't see this ad.

It would be great if someone could correct "neurosurgey" to "neurosurgery" in the title of my thread. Thank you, in advance.

I would do Internal Medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought about Plastic Surgery. Or Neuroradiology, or neuropathology...although I'd probably be bored without the patient interaction component.

Rads=>IR=>Neuro intervention.

Reactions: 1 user
If someone is interested mainly in endovascular management, for then what is your opinion on NeuroIR vs Neurosurgery?
This is going to be a turf battle that is going to get fought out over the next few years. Who knows what the end result will be. Neuro =>neuro IR is going to be easier compared to going through a neurosurgery residency. That being said who knows what the pathways are going to look like in the future. It should really boil down to , do you want to be a neurosurgeon or who does neuroIR as well or do you want to be a neuro IR who does nothing else.