if you could be any animal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoodle

UC-Davis DVM/PhD
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what would you be?

Apparently they asked this at Penn interviews last year :)

I'd be... either an elephant, because they seem so wise and having a trunk would be really cool, or a kangaroo, because they seem so inquisitive and having a tail would be awesome (a built-in couch!), or a lemur, because they seem to have such a good time all the time and can practially bounce off the walls, or a little bug I saw David Attenborough talk about called a Springtail,which is a little beetle which can use its tail to hurl itself into the air at great velocities.

Can you tell I'm indecisive? :D

Members don't see this ad.

a JUNGLE CAT!

preferrably a black jaguar.

a sea gull probably. they get to swim around and fish, FLY, and poop on people. and the clever ones have a good supply of people food

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to be a bird of prey. Like a falcon or something.

Something that has lots of muscle, yet is fairly small.

I also like the sound of the thrill of the hunt. I don't know how well it will work out being a vegetarian :p

<--- :) But I'd have to watch out big time for Frey being that bird of prey.

Either that or I'd love to come back as a spiled rotten domesticated housecat.

ps- Springtails aren't beetles !! But they are definitely cool. And now they are even debated to not be insects at all.....

ps- Springtails aren't beetles !! But they are definitely cool. And now they are even debated to not be insects at all.....

REALLY?!!!! that's very cool. I fell in love with them watching Life in the Undergrowth - they do a bunch of slow-motion shots of them launching, and they're pretty adorable and amazing.

Apparently my interviewers loved my answer of mongoose. :D

A Siberian tiger.

I think they are the all around baddest :) predator.........I mean come on, who wants to mess with 500 lbs of sharp claws, teeth, muscle, and lightening fast reflexes??!?! Not to mention they are beeeautiful.....

I love watching cats because of most of these same reasons........our's used to bring home adult birds for Heaven's sake........but how?!?!?! And so graceful too.............they are just the ultimate predator I think.:cool:

I'd probably be an egret because although they look dainty and pretty, they are really fierce birds of prey :D

Well besides the fact that I technically am an animal.. we all are.. haha

I would probably be a tree kangaroo

I'd like to be an otter, because they are always look happy. Plus being able to crack shells on my tummy would be an excellent party trick

I'd like to be an elderly widow's favorite pet cat. :cool:

I think a hyacinth macaw! Big, beautiful and gentle!

Members don't see this ad :)
'cause I'd be the only one! :D

maybe a labrador: because i like to swim and play. and they are so gentle, and happy, and freakin adorable!
maybe a monkey: they never sieze to amaze me with their tricks! i would be the sneakiest, coolest, fastest, most animated monkey ever. oh, and i would be cute too!
maybe a tiger: for the same reasons many of you posted. big cats are just simply a-ma-zing.
a bird of prey: because i've always wanted to fly, and have eyesight like they do (or even 20/20 would be nice!). also, maybe a canadian goose. i would just love to waddle around and fly in a V, and to be able to fly from sea level over the himalayas and down in one shot.... that's a cool topic of conversation.
i could keep going, but i'll stop now :p

I would definitely want to be a Scarlet macaw. Maybe some family that owns one that's as spoiled as my baby!

They have beauty, talent, intelligence, and most inexperienced pet parrot owners will NOT go within 20 feet of them! HAHA :D

I like the Hyacinth macaw answer also. A very good one. I'm waiting to find a Greenwing macaw, but here in MA, they are hard to come by without shipping one up from FL or CA.

Prehensile-tailed porcupine. 10 lbs of adorable "dont mess with me".

porcupine.jpg

a horse because they just seem to be such free, un taimed, lovingly buitiful animals!:love:

A rich lady's indoor cat... Totally posh surroundings, attention on my terms - sounds good to me.

I'd love to be my spoiled, lazy little dachshund!

Hmmmm, great question!

A clouded leopard, they are so pretty and some days it is nice to hide out a little (downside: they always look kinda sad)!

A snow leopard- gotta love that huge tail!!

A wolf's guenon- that's a monkey who really knows how to have fun, playing all day!

A pygmy marmoset- fierceness in a teeny-tiny package.

A emperor tamarin- even the girlies have an awesome moustache!

Yup, I could go on all day! So either some kind of cat or some kind of monkey would sum it up.

Hm, I wasn't asked this question. In fact, I wasn't asked any questions except "so what's your deal?"

Probably a giraffe though, let's be serious.

Hm, I wasn't asked this question. In fact, I wasn't asked any questions except "so what's your deal?"

Yeah, what is your deal anyway?:)