If someone asks me how I did on the MCAT and I did bad, I'm going to lie.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILikeFood

NSU Class of 2013
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"How'd you do on the MCAT, ILikeFood?"

*Thinks about 15L score* "33T"

"Congratulations!"

"Thanks."

September 15th!!!

Members don't see this ad.

"How'd you do on the MCAT, ILikeFood?"

*Thinks about 15L score* "33T"

"Congratulations!"

"Thanks."

September 15th!!!

i am going to lie?
Hahahahah

"Thinks about 15M"
"Retook it again"
"21O"
"retook it again"
"not even worth mentioning"
"thinking about retaking again"
"but problems with other personal stuff that does not let me retake it"

Members don't see this ad :)
Prep courses and books should have a section on "How not to lose friends while waiting for your MCAT score." and "How to respond to nosy neighbors that want to know how you did."

I'm thinking about stocking up on decent red wine and telling people, "I'm getting into Harvard! I just know it!"

Similarly, I've been telling anyone who asks that scores take 6 weeks to come out. That way I have I two week buffer zone to decide what/if to tell people. :p

yeah I have got answer what i say is mid 20s that leaves it anywhere, and if they are persistent just tell them you rather not share its not their business to know only yours.

Similarly, I've been telling anyone who asks that scores take 6 weeks to come out. That way I have I two week buffer zone to decide what/if to tell people. :p

You do not have to explain yourself to anybody. Tell them to piss off!!

Unless, you score well! :) Then, rub their face in it!!

Have some fun:

Ask them is it really that little? (guys!)

and

Are you pregnant or gaining weight? (females)

When they are offended, then tell them you know how I feel now!

Personally, I told as few as possible and I told those if they ask me about it they would have to deal with me. I would let them know if I want them to know.

People will get the point but you may be percieved as an a**!

Hey that was my plan too! Only my relatives and friends know I am taking the Mcat.

Thank god I did not tell anyone at work.

"I did well" is always good answer when asked what you made on any test.

Thats what I always say!!!

" I did well enough that I won't have to take it again, so I'm very happy."

They stop asking after that.

I often wonder how many people fudge here about their scores. 10%-20% give fake scores maybe? This is an anonymous web forum after all and instant credibility is only a few keystrokes away for any wisher and dreamer.

yeah is this normal? whenever people asked me my SAT score, I always inflated by like 30 points :p
But since 1-2 points makes all the difference in an MCAT, I doubt people could lie and remain convincing.

Haha this is a funny thread. I actually don't like to tell everyone about my high scores. I lower my scores.

Stop branging!! We all know you made a 34 on the MCAT!! MY bad a 30! or did you lower it before you told us on here. :D

I can not lower my scores because I can not get a zero!

Maybe, I can say I got a 3. Then tell everyone to put their "3's" in the air, haha!!

I am an O Chem I lab TA with lots of premeds, I decided to not tell them I took the MCAT until I get my scores back and know if I did well enough to handle the being questioned how I did. I want my scores...

most of the people who inquire about my MCAT performance know almost nothing of the scoring system.
They simply ask me whether or not I passed!
This lack of understanding even goes as high as my science professors and the physicians I shadow. The MCAT scoring system has changed a lot over the years and average scores have elevated as a result of increased competition too.
But--I never lied about my MCAT scores. I used to get embarrassed when asked for them though...but I think that only reinforced my need to sit for the test again ;)

All I can recommend is to not take this test to prove something to somebody else. And to keep in mind that we are sitting on the same curved grading score with a bunch of other highly intelligent premed students.

I have to take the test in a couple of weeks and what ppl tend to ask me nowadays is "do you feel ready?"