If one was better than the other...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you couldn't go to U.S. allopathic school and had to choose between MD from a caribbean school, or DO... which would it be?

Members don't see this ad.

Caribbean MD....mostly because of my own remedial understanding of what a DO degree actually is, coupled with the ensuing fear of having it attached to my name for the rest of my life...

i would pick DO easily. i live in ohio, and we have a DO school (OUCOM), so it would be an easier transition for me than having to go 2500 miles south to the caribbean--just for an "MD." i'm really not a fan of OMM or whatever the hell that stuff is called, but in this scenario, DO is the lesser of two evils.

I think an episode of ER captured it best when that funky guy I forget his name was talking to Carter and he said "It still says M.D. at the end"

Members don't see this ad :)
kiahs said:
I think an episode of ER captured it best when that funky guy I forget his name was talking to Carter and he said "It still says M.D. at the end"

hey, I think of that episode *every* time the Caribbean idea gets into my head! I think his name was Dr. Malucci or something like that...he had diagnosed some kid with like purple spots on his tongue or something and Carter gave him crap about having studied at a Caribbean school....Does kind of make you wonder though if you would get that kind of attitude all the time or not.... :scared: