If I have a 4-year Air Force HPSP, can I go to UoP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegoatest

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at UoP coming up, but I am also a select for the 4-year Air Force HPSP scholarship. Can anyone help me with this question? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just talked to recruiting service about this. If you are applying for a scholarshiop for UOP, you need to apply for a 3-year scholarship. If you want to go to a 4-year program, you need an acceptance letter from a 4-year school and then apply for a 4-year HPSP.

Source: Posted in 2013 in the Ask an Air Force Dentist thread.

Last edited:
Posted in 2013 in the Ask an Air Force Dentist thread.
Thanks, I'm pretty positive that's outdated information though, because I have already been selected for a 4-year scholarship back in September and I have not been accepted to any schools yet. Things change all the time so it's hard to trust info that's not super recent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I'm pretty positive that's outdated information though, because I have already been selected for a 4-year scholarship back in September and I have not been accepted to any schools yet. Things change all the time so it's hard to trust info that's not super recent.

100% agreed- just wanted to give you a baseline of information to start off with :)

Reactions: 1 user
Most likely not a problem. Tons of people go to UOP on 4 year Navy scholarships which get converted to three years.

For USAF you will simply have a 3 year payback instead of 4. Pretty incredible deal actually.