If I drop to 4 courses, which schools will it hurt for the weighted gpa (Canadian schools)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KingScrubs

Reaction score
Right now I am taking a course that is not required for my degree and it is really bringing down my GPA, I want to drop it to salvage my GPA.

I desperately need for schools to drop my lowest year from their GPA because my first year went really bad (currently I am in second year).

I plan to apply for UManitoba, UCalgary and UAlberta (which all don't care about you many courses you take as long as you are full-time ( 3 courses per semester), correct me if I am wrong). Which Ontario schools will disqualify me from the wGPA? Here are how many courses I took:

1st year:

• Fall semester - 4 courses
  • Winter semester - 5 courses
2nd year:

• Fall semester - 6 courses
  • Winter semester (current): 4 course (If I drop my 5th one)
I know I screwed up in the 1 year by not taking 10 courses, but I plan to do 5 years of undergrad and from now on I will only take 5 courses a semester. Will schools average the 6 and 4 courses for a total full-time course of 10 for my second year? Or do I have to take 5 courses each semester? If it matters I retook 3 courses in my second year that I got a bad mark in first year.

Members don't see this ad.

This is the type of question you should email admissions staff (after carefully reading each school's website to make sure the answer's not there). A lot of these details are not published and remain opaque to applicants unless we ask staff about our specific situation.
Don't retake courses you got a poor (but non-failing) mark in. Take the next level up.