IDET (Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stinky Tofu

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to post the Pauza study, but it's not available for free online. Nonetheless, I thought this article from HSS would be educational.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone believe there is a glimmer of hope that IDET/annuloplasty or other similar disc treatments may be coming back? What are people offering patients with discogenic back pain and clear MRI evidence of annular tears by way of procedures?

Does anyone believe there is a glimmer of hope that IDET/annuloplasty or other similar disc treatments may be coming back? What are people offering patients with discogenic back pain and clear MRI evidence of annular tears by way of procedures?

"clear MRI evidence of annular tears"
which, of course, are seen in many asymptomatic people as well

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's just assume that the annular tear is ouchy for the patient... :cool:
Therapeutic disc injections of lidocaine and steroid (yes, I know the data says it doesn't work, but in a subset of patients, I have bought them a year at a time)

As for IDET, I have been told that an instructor for the Biaculopasty courses has advocated billing for four sinuvertebral nerves, and has been getting paid for it - not as well as IDT, but something is still a lot better thaqn nothing.

Now mind you, Bayliss still insists that 06499 is being paid VERY well in many instances, but I have just not had that experience

What code do you bill for therapeutic disc injections??
you inject a little dye to prove you are in the nucleus, thus making it a discogram

What about percutaneous disc decompression?
They say given the properly chosen patient there can be some benefits, I don't think the long term results are in yet. (Failed conservative measures and one level.)

What about percutaneous disc decompression?
They say given the properly chosen patient there can be some benefits, I don't think the long term results are in yet. (Failed conservative measures and one level.)

Do you mean Stryker DeKompressor or Acutherm?

Anyone found a role for Transdiscal here?

Any thoughts on the upcoming FDA trials from www.spinalrestoration.com ?