This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmStudent215

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious about the ideal resume and GPA to getting accepted by pharmacy schools? What type of volunteering or internships, etc. should be on my resume? Also how many volunteer hours and how much experience (jobs, internships, etc.)? What is the lowest GPA accepted by most pharmacy schools?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I was just curious about the ideal resume and GPA to getting accepted by pharmacy schools? What type of volunteering or internships, etc. should be on my resume? Also how many volunteer hours and how much experience (jobs, internships, etc.)? What is the lowest GPA accepted by most pharmacy schools?

Thanks in advance!
A lot of schools will post their ideal resume requirements on their site. But in general, a well rounded resume would have: leadership, research, and pharmacy volunteer/work experience. In terms of hours, honestly you’re doing this for yourself. Schools want to know students have worked in a pharmacy environment before, so they don’t end up dropping out half way through the semester. Plus, you’re doing yourself a huge favor by testing the waters because this is a BIG investment both financially and timewise. I actually have a few classmates who didn’t accumulate as much pharmacy experience before they applied, and now are in the 2nd year at pharmacy school and are regretting their decisions. Pharmacy positions aren’t difficult to find either especially since there is a very high turnover rate.
All schools also post their min. GPA requirements online as well. You’d be surprised by how low it can be!

Reactions: 1 user