Ideal resources for a video learner?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicPA

Reaction score
Good morning SDN,

I realized I have such difficulty learning from textbooks and learn more optimally through videos and clear explanations such a UWorld(from the free trial they offer).

I took bio and chem almost 8 years ago, and bought the EK books to review. However, I realize its still hard to grasp some of the concepts. Has anyone used KA, Leah4sci(Youtube), Organic Chemistry Tutor(Youtube) successfully for content review? Or is there another video resource you can recommend.

I really like Uworld and their explanations. However, their Qbank has only 1900 questions and was wondering if there are other similar resources that have just as good explanations.

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I used Magoosh for the content review, it's fairly inexpensive (around $100) for what you get. They have a bunch of video lectures and practice questions, and even a study plan built into the website. It's definitely not as in-depth as the Kahn Academy lectures, but good for getting the very basic stuff down or as an additional way to learn about the topic.

Just wanna chime in and say that Uworld + AAMC are the only practice questions you will ever need if you focus on understanding every question in depth.

But yeah, all those video sources you mentioned are solid.

I used Magoosh for the content review, it's fairly inexpensive (around $100) for what you get. They have a bunch of video lectures and practice questions, and even a study plan built into the website. It's definitely not as in-depth as the Kahn Academy lectures, but good for getting the very basic stuff down or as an additional way to learn about the topic.
Have you used UWorld? Curious to see how magoosh stacks up.

Members don't see this ad :)
UWorld is best used after an initial pass of content review. It’s designed to help you identify content gaps and get used to the style of the MCAT. KA is a fine resource but watching videos is a low yield passive learning strategy. It’s fine to use, but make sure you supplement elsewhere by using more active strategies.

Good morning SDN,

I realized I have such difficulty learning from textbooks and learn more optimally through videos and clear explanations such a UWorld(from the free trial they offer).

I took bio and chem almost 8 years ago, and bought the EK books to review. However, I realize its still hard to grasp some of the concepts. Has anyone used KA, Leah4sci(Youtube), Organic Chemistry Tutor(Youtube) successfully for content review? Or is there another video resource you can recommend.

I really like Uworld and their explanations. However, their Qbank has only 1900 questions and was wondering if there are other similar resources that have just as good explanations.

Thank you in advance
AK Lectures is solid & completely free.
he has videos for every science topic covered on the MCAT, possibly even more in-depth than we need to know.

Reactions: 1 user