Idaho State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snaildog

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything recently from Idaho State University's DPT program. They sent quite a vague email stating:

"Because of preparing for our Accreditation Visit and other circumstances beyond our control we are late making our decisions on acceptances into the DPT program and we will not be having an Information Session/Open House this year."

I am curious if anyone else found this strange? Also if anyone has a gauge on when they are sending out decisions since they are about three weeks late at this point. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same email and haven't heard anything since then.

I got the same email and have been curious to know when they plan to send out their admissions decisions. I have a friend in the program right now, and he said one of his professors said they were going to try to send out acceptances at the beginning of this week (he said this last week). But it looks like that hasn't worked out, so your guess is as good as mine. I am guessing that it will be soon though hopefully.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same email and have been curious to know when they plan to send out their admissions decisions. I have a friend in the program right now, and he said one of his professors said they were going to try to send out acceptances at the beginning of this week (he said this last week). But it looks like that hasn't worked out, so your guess is as good as mine. I am guessing that it will be soon though hopefully.

Thanks for the information! It sounds like they are getting close at least! I'm curious how you rank their program? Does your friend enjoy the program? I haven't had the chance to check it out yet and have heard very little about it. Sorry for all the questions!

Want to follow this thread.. I got the same email..

Thanks for the information! It sounds like they are getting close at least! I'm curious how you rank their program? Does your friend enjoy the program? I haven't had the chance to check it out yet and have heard very little about it. Sorry for all the questions!

ISU is one of my top schools, it is between them and EWU, so I am just waiting to hear back. I have had a few friends go there and they love it, I haven't heard them say anything negative about it. I don't know too much about the program itself, but it is super cheap, especially if you are an Idaho resident, and also has a small class size which is something I am attracted to. I am from Idaho originally, and the only downside that I have ever heard about ISU is living in Pocatello, which honestly isn't that bad of a town, its just not a huge metroplis. But, you are a short drive away from some sweet skiing and the mountains, so there could be worse places to live :)

ISU is one of my top schools, it is between them and EWU, so I am just waiting to hear back. I have had a few friends go there and they love it, I haven't heard them say anything negative about it. I don't know too much about the program itself, but it is super cheap, especially if you are an Idaho resident, and also has a small class size which is something I am attracted to. I am from Idaho originally, and the only downside that I have ever heard about ISU is living in Pocatello, which honestly isn't that bad of a town, its just not a huge metroplis. But, you are a short drive away from some sweet skiing and the mountains, so there could be worse places to live :)

Thanks for the information! EWU is a great choice, pretty much my top choice in fact. But I am a WA resident, so the cost appeal really factors in ;)
I forgot to ask, do you happen to know if ISU updates their online portal?

Yeah the cost as ISU is unbeatable for Idaho residents! Some PT students are leaving school with $120K debt, so ISU is super appealing.

I know the email said not to call, but is anybody tempted??

I know the email said not to call, but is anybody tempted??

I am totally tempted... Has anybody emailed them to ask about it? I just keep thinking they have to send it out soon so I am waiting to contact, but it is kinda getting late in the game to still not have heard from them.

I emailed Nelda but I haven't heard back from her.. I have heard from a couple difference sources that decisions have more or less been made but I thought it was long enough ago now that we would have been contacted.. I really want to figure out if I am taking my last prereq for ISU this summer before school starts or if I am going back to the application process.. Not to mention where I am going to live in just a few months and where I will work this summer! It all depends on what classes I need to take which all depends on ISU at this point!

I just got my acceptance email this morning, the wait is finally over!! Hopefully everyone else got good news too!

I got an email that said I was being placed on an alternate list and they will be mailing a letter with my alternate position.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed on the alternate list as well. At least we know where we stand in the alternates soon! And congrats MLR11!

I got in!! MLR see you in the fall?? Charlie and Snail- Ill keep my fingers crossed for you guys! maybe in 6 months we'll be studying anatomy together! And any of you guys climbers? I've heard there is climbing right in Pocatello- definitely going to be my get away between study sessions.. plus the city of rocks, the sawtooths and the tetons for longer breaks!

Hello everyone, I got in to Idaho state!!, Never been to Pocatello, will be looking for roommates if anyone is interested. still waiting on a few other schools to see all my options, but it's looking like I'll be living in Pocatello.

Anyone on the alternate list receive their letter that says what number you are yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone on the alternate list receive their letter that says what number you are yet?

Nope, I still haven't received any information about my position on the alternate list. I am inclined to assume that they won't release our alternate list positions until after the deposit deadline that they gave for their accepted applicants. I'm not sure what the deadline is though.

Nope, I still haven't received any information about my position on the alternate list. I am inclined to assume that they won't release our alternate list positions until after the deposit deadline that they gave for their accepted applicants. I'm not sure what the deadline is though.

The deadline is March 1st, not much more than 10 days!

Are any of you guys still holding out for ISU and planning on attending if you get accepted?

I don't think so, but before I make my final decisions, I wanted all my choices laid out. I did get get an email from them about financial aide tho.

Same here. I haven't necessarily counted them out yet, but It would just be nice to know where I stand.

Same here as well. ISU is more expensive at this point than the other programs I've applied to. But if I was pulled off the waitlist I would most likely visit the program to get a better feel for it before making my decision.

I just received an acceptance letter. It's kinds funny tho because my original email from Idaho said I was on the alternate list and a letter informing me of my position would be sent.

I just received an acceptance letter. It's kinds funny tho because my original email from Idaho said I was on the alternate list and a letter informing me of my position would be sent.

Was your acceptance sent via mail or email?

Does anyone have an idea of what the average age is for ISU's program? I was under the impression that most students are not coming straight from undergrad. Not sure if this is true?

Does anyone have an idea of what the average age is for ISU's program? I was under the impression that most students are not coming straight from undergrad. Not sure if this is true?

I have never heard this.. But I don't know much about it so that doesn't say much! I will be 30 in August and the one other person I know of who is thinking about attending is 33 I believe. I'd be happy to have some other non-trads in the program.

Just got my letter in the mail. I'm from Washington, so if anyone is still waiting on a letter it's probably on it's way

Does anyone have some insight on ISU's program? The area, the campus, the curriculum, any thoughts would be appreciated. Haven't been there before so I'm curious.

I will be starting my 3rd year in ISU's DPT program in the fall. I used this forum for info when I was in your shoes, so I thought I would make myself available if anyone has questions or concerns.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted. And if you are still on the wait list, don't give up. My cohort had people accepted a week before school started in August.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who were on alternate list and got accepted letter from ISU later on, would you guys share what number or rank on wait-list you were originally in? I mean if you guys don't mind :)

And also, if you decided to attend or decline the acceptance from ISU~

Thanks!

Hey, for current students, did anyone attend the open house? Did everyone wear suits or was it more business casual?

Hey, for current students, did anyone attend the open house? Did everyone wear suits or was it more business casual?

Hi, did you hear from ISU about open house and admission decision?

Hi, did you hear from ISU about open house and admission decision?

Haven't heard anything but I'm flying out to Boise for the week after so I want to go see the school while I'm out there.

Haven't heard anything but I'm flying out to Boise for the week after so I want to go see the school while I'm out there.
Thanks for the reply

I will be starting my 3rd year in ISU's DPT program in the fall. I used this forum for info when I was in your shoes, so I thought I would make myself available if anyone has questions or concerns.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted. And if you are still on the wait list, don't give up. My cohort had people accepted a week before school started in August.

Do you have any housing advice? Google has been less than helpful so far