Id rather not go Caribbean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSillyGirl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If i cant get into a US school id sooner become an RN than go the Caribbean route and risk living with a stigma the rest of my life. We all know youll never get the same respect or recognition. You would never be considered on par with your fellow US grads. As soon as someone found out where you went to school theyll sneer their noses at you soon enuff... Sometimes you just have to let the dream go or maybe your ego as well? :rolleyes:
Were not all cut out to be doctors.

Members don't see this ad.

uh yeah, thats a total BS assessment (spelling?)

shows how much you know.

this is just a flame starting thread. Honestly, it should be locked.

I hope you do become a nurse and end up working with/for doc who graduated in the Caribbean. LOL wouldn't that suck.

Members don't see this ad :)
We need more nurses.

utorontograd said:
I hope you do become a nurse and end up working with for doc who graduated in the Caribbean. LOL wouldn't that suck.

I have a right to my opinion and im certain that im not the only one who feels this way. The Truth hurts dosent it? Well if i was a nurse working under a Carib grad because of my personal ethical code i wouldn't necessarily be vocal about my thoughts but i wouldn't deem that doctor as the equal of a US taught doctor. That's just my personal view. US doctors have my respect because they jumped through all the rigors and hurdles, working very hard to be where they are. As opposed to finding a short cut to becoming a doctor. I mean really, is that any way to become anything or to live life? You werent good enough for US schools because of a lack in natural aptitude or for being a careless slacker so you jet off to a banana island and endure grueling conditions for years in order to receive a second class education so you can be treated like a second class doc all your lives. Yea, theres a
solution. :scared: Do you have to pay extra tuition to bring your massive egos with you? However, considering that im currently holding down a 3.81 GPA in biochemistry the notion of having to opt for nursing school is a distant prospect. Im pretty sure that's more than i can say for most of you. Perhaps if you removed your head from your rear during your college years long enough to learn something you wouldn't be in such a predicament? Just my two cents...

You better be good looking because we do not need ugly nurses.

DrSillyGirl said:
I have a right to my opinion and im certain that im not the only one who feels this way. The Truth hurts dosent it? Well if i was a nurse working under a Carib grad because of my personal ethical code i wouldn't necessarily be vocal about my thoughts but i wouldn't deem that doctor as the equal of a US taught doctor. That's just my personal view. US doctors have my respect because they jumped through all the rigors and hurdles, working very hard to be where they are. As opposed to finding a short cut to becoming a doctor. I mean really, is that any way to become anything or to live life? You werent good enough for US schools because of a lack in natural aptitude or for being a careless slacker so you jet off to a banana island and endure grueling conditions for years in order to receive a second class education so you can be treated like a second class doc all your lives. Yea, theres a
solution. :scared: Do you have to pay extra tuition to bring your massive egos with you? However, considering that im currently holding down a 3.81 GPA in biochemistry the notion of having to opt for nursing school is a distant prospect. Im pretty sure that's more than i can say for most of you. Perhaps if you removed your head from your rear during your college years long enough to learn something you wouldn't be in such a predicament? Just my two cents...

Does someone suffer from low self-esteem? Not sure why you feel compelled to express your opinion in such a manner as to belittle others. If you went into nursing you would probably be the same person criticizing nurses who are foreign graduates, and who I might add make excellent nurses and are just as competent.

RaaMD said:
Does someone suffer from low self-esteem? Not sure why you feel compelled to express your opinion in such a manner as to belittle others. If you went into nursing you would probably be the same person criticizing nurses who are foreign graduates, and who I might add make excellent nurses and are just as competent.

aren't a lot of nurses philipino? Not to be discriminatory, but I've seen a lot of them at hospitals I've rotated and are actively being recruited .

As for the carribbean route being a short cut. HAH. If anything it can be even more difficult.

Honestly, I hope you avoid medicine. Sounds like you're going into it for all the wrong reasons. I'd hate to be patient under your care regardless if you were a doctor or nurse.

McGillGrad said:

Im willing to bet im better looking than any pooch you could get... :laugh:
Why dont we compare GPA's now sweetie?

DrSillyGirl said:

Anybody who has such a low level of tolerance should not be involved in medical care at any level. Well, maybe as a psych patient... ;)

Bevo said:
aren't a lot of nurses philipino? Not to be discriminatory, but I've seen a lot of them at hospitals I've rotated and are actively being recruited .

As for the carribbean route being a short cut. HAH. If anything it can be even more difficult.

Honestly, I hope you avoid medicine. Sounds like you're going into it for all the wrong reasons. I'd hate to be patient under your care regardless if you were a doctor or nurse.

The wrong reasons? Have i even stated my reasons for becoming a physician? lol I can see why you were relegated to the Caribbean. Your thought process and logic are very flawed. As for Caribbean schools being just as galling as American schools you have got to be high. Caribbean school curriculum is no where near parallel that of American schools. Theres a reason why they dont just let anyone in. American schools arent a free for all like Carib schools are. How can you even compare a makeshift, run of the mill, half azzed attempt at a medical school to American schools. Theyd probably let a smurf in if it had tuition. The quality of these schools are so substandard that most students (i use the word student loosely) are left to fend for themselves and learn with little instructions. Do you want that doctor or a real doctor treating you? and you people still wonder why the attrition rate is so high... Whichever profession i choose to endeavor im sure i will be at the top of my game, dont worry about me. Worry about yourselves, i think you need it more. :D

DiveMD said:
Anybody who has such a low level of tolerance should not be involved in medical care at any level. Well, maybe as a psych patient... ;)

Yea, then maybe all those members of the respective medical school boards that rejected you should be subject to psychiatric help as well, because they didn't think you were good enuff either lol. :thumbdown:

DrSillyGirl said:

You are comparing yourself to my pet dog? Maybe you better stick to trolling and leave nursing to hotties :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
DrSillyGirl said:
Yea, then maybe all those members of the respective medical school boards that rejected you should be subject to psychiatric help as well, because they didn't think you were good enuff either lol. :thumbdown:

I have a sneaking suspicion that you are a 16 year old boy with too much summer break time. Painting a fence will help you pass the time...like Huck Finn!

This post is not legit. It looks like a deliberate prank. Her first and only post was this one. He or she is just trying to stir the pot and have a good laugh. Don't respond.

McGillGrad said:
You are comparing yourself to my pet dog? Maybe you better stick to trolling and leave nursing to hotties :laugh:

Actually im comparing the women you get (if any) to a dog but being a Carib school student i guess that just went right over your head. ;)

McGillGrad said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that you are a 16 year old boy with too much summer break time. Painting a fence will help you pass the time...like Huck Finn!

Think about 16 year old boys a lot do you? :idea:

rahulazcom said:
This post is not legit. It looks like a deliberate prank. Her first and only post was this one. He or she is just trying to stir the pot and have a good laugh. Don't respond.

My medical school education will at least be more "legit" than yours. I can tell you that much. It should come as no big surprise that i feel this way. Many do. They just feel bad telling you to your face. :confused:

DrSillyGirl said:
My medical school education will at least be more "legit" than yours. I can tell you that much. It should come as no big surprise that i feel this way. Many do. They just feel bad telling you to your face. :confused:

I thought you were going to nursing school. :laugh:

DrSillyGirl said:
Think about 16 year old boys a lot do you? :idea:

By deflecting the question, you have confirmed your true identity.

Go Pokemon!

DrSillyGirl said:
Actually im comparing the women you get (if any) to a dog but being a Carib school student i guess that just went right over your head. ;)

You said dog. Freudian slip. Can't take it back...nana!

McGillGrad said:
You said dog. Freudian slip. Can't take it back...nana!

Ill let you have the last word because being a Carib school student and all i realize you need this to save whatever is left of your shredded mangled dignity (and you probably have a small penis 2, that would explain your incessant need to over compensate with that annoying personality of yours). Arent i sweet? :p

DrSillyGirl said:
Ill let you have the last word because being a Carib school student and all i realize you need this to save whatever is left of your shredded mangled dignity (and you probably have a small penis 2, that would explain your incessant need to over compensate with that annoying personality of yours). Arent i sweet? :p

You are really embarrassing yourself by shamelessly flirting with me. You should know that I prefer female doctors, not nurses. I hate talking down to people :luck:

People like the OP have major issues. Get a life and grow up. Welcome to the real world.

McGillGrad said:

Hahahaha! That's about as serious a response as this person deserves. I love it. And might I ad, yeah you better be good looking you silliy girl.

DrSillyGirl said:

I have a better idea. Why don't you wait like seven years and then compare salaries?

Who here thinks silly girl doesn't want to be a nurse but is so adamant about it because it's the only option she has left?

Anyone else think she was just rejected by all caribbean med schools she applied to?

troll. stop with the :spam:

DrSillyGirl said:

WOW, you are certainly a psychiatric case. Honey, I am a Navy Physician. I didn't go to a Caribbean School but know people who did. And most of those physicians are very competent. Moreover, there are bad doctors from all schools around the nation (MD and DO). These bad doctors are usually people like you who believe that having a good college GPA automatically translates into being a good doctor. Patient care, compassion and competency in medicine are not dictated by your college GPA. You should also have motivation, a balanced affect and people skills in order to be a good physician. Hopefully they’ll catch your borderline personality and dysfunctional view of the profession during the interview process. Grow up and stay away form medicine! You will be saving lives by doing something else.

PS:
How old are you? 20?

utorontograd said:
Hahahaha! That's about as serious a response as this person deserves. I love it. And might I ad, yeah you better be good looking you silliy girl.

I wouldn't expect a well thought out, original and creative response from a Carib student so dont worry... No one has high expectations for you lol and btw, i seriously doubt any self respecting female doctor who graduated from a reputable school would lower herself to be involved with a lowly slow witted reject who couldn't cut it here and wasn't even smart enough to accept why. When i become a doctor i know i wont. Nice try though. :laugh:

utorontograd said:
I have a better idea. Why don't you wait like seven years and then compare salaries?

Whatever money youll make you wont deserve and youll be overpaid for your skills if you ask me. When i become a doctor i can be proud of myself and hold my head up high in knowledge that i did things the right way. Whatever station life holds for me at least i know it will be well earned. That's more than i can say for you. With a 3.81 GPA and a 28 (that's without formal preparation) first try mcat score ill become a physician before any of you. lol ;)

DrSillyGirl said:
With a 3.81 GPA and a 28 (that's without formal preparation) first try mcat score ill become a physician before any of you. lol ;)

It is easy to lie on the internet. Unless you provide proof, we have to assume that the wonderful 3.81 is a huge fat lie. if you have a 3.81 then I have a 4.0. See how easy to is to lie. :)

DrSillyGirl said:
Whatever money youll make you wont deserve and youll be overpaid for your skills if you ask me. When i become a doctor i can be proud of myself and hold my head up high in knowledge that i did things the right way. Whatever station life holds for me at least i know it will be well earned. That's more than i can say for you. With a 3.81 GPA and a 28 (that's without formal preparation) first try mcat score ill become a physician before any of you. lol ;)

SillyGirl:

What benefit do you get from this thread? This is a serious medical forum, lets keep it that way.

DiveMD said:
WOW, you are certainly a psychiatric case. Honey, I am a Navy Physician. I didn't go to a Caribbean School but know people who did. And most of those physicians are very competent. Moreover, there are bad doctors from all schools around the nation (MD and DO). These bad doctors are usually people like you who believe that having a good college GPA automatically translates into being a good doctor. Patient care, compassion and competency in medicine are not dictated by your college GPA. You should also have motivation, a balanced affect and people skills in order to be a good physician. Hopefully they’ll catch your borderline personality and dysfunctional view of the profession during the interview process. Grow up and stay away form medicine! You will be saving lives by doing something else.

PS:
How old are you? 20?

This comment sums up the conversation I believe. Thanks Doctor Dive.

McGillGrad said:
You are really embarrassing yourself by shamelessly flirting with me. You should know that I prefer female doctors, not nurses. I hate talking down to people :luck:

how long is your penis mcgillgrad? kakaka let her kno

McGillGrad said:

Hey mcgillgrad, you and sillygirl would make a great couple! you 2 should meet up at the Rock!

bluenumber6 said:
how long is your penis mcgillgrad? kakaka let her kno

You should already know, sweetheart :love:

bluenumber6 said:
Hey mcgillgrad, you and sillygirl would make a great couple! you 2 should meet up at the Rock!

Threesome are the new dope-spot!! :hardy:

wow i think this is the most flaming thread i've ever seen! You know, there are directors of admissions and adcoms who are frequent SDN'ers believe it or not..i'm sure that they will be seing the OP's ignorant remarks about caribbean students and think otherwise about admitting her. why is she so negative about caribbean grads specifically? what about other IMG's from other countries? does she think anyone who doesn't go to a u.s. med school isn't competent enough to practice medicine? if the OP makes it to med school, i sincerely hope she works with carib. grads in the future...one less prejudiced mind

DrSillyGirl said:
...and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. Having pondered upon your fascinating ideas I've decided to abandon medicine altogether and become a
cab driver. The heckling in the hospital corridors was too much for one soul to bare. Not to mention the public floggings, incessant derision, having to drink from seperate water fountains, giving up my seat on the bus....ad infinitum. Let me bask in in your infinite wisdom my undergraduate, barely out of diapers, self-esteem although not ego challenged fledgling. Good luck out there in the actual real world...ie. not the pretty people MTV one you apparently dream in. Wake up. :oops:

DrSillyGirl said:
If i cant get into a US school id sooner become an RN than go the Caribbean route and risk living with a stigma the rest of my life. We all know youll never get the same respect or recognition. You would never be considered on par with your fellow US grads. As soon as someone found out where you went to school theyll sneer their noses at you soon enuff... Sometimes you just have to let the dream go or maybe your ego as well? :rolleyes:

Glad your not cut out for it, I'm here in the Caribbean becoming a Doc, By the way if you go to the hospital you may be surprised to find out there are a lot of FMGs and IMGs there. LOL You do get the same recognition and respect , just that ignorant premeds and some medstudents on SDN post all this crap. And it's real crap cause in the real world when I'm a Doc and you are a Nurse you still have to follow my orders and I can still legally order treatments and drugs, you will still wipe butts LOL. Thats the way it is now and will be.

Dont be so snotty to think it isn't I lived it as an RN for 19 years, Seems your the one with an EGO problem. :laugh:

DrSillyGirl said:
I have a right to my opinion and im certain that im not the only one who feels this way. The Truth hurts dosent it? Well if i was a nurse working under a Carib grad because of my personal ethical code i wouldn't necessarily be vocal about my thoughts but i wouldn't deem that doctor as the equal of a US taught doctor. That's just my personal view. US doctors have my respect because they jumped through all the rigors and hurdles, working very hard to be where they are. As opposed to finding a short cut to becoming a doctor. I mean really, is that any way to become anything or to live life? You werent good enough for US schools because of a lack in natural aptitude or for being a careless slacker so you jet off to a banana island and endure grueling conditions for years in order to receive a second class education so you can be treated like a second class doc all your lives. ...

You have to be one of the most inmature people to post here in a long time!
What shortcut is this? I'm in the middle of Basic Sci here at a caribbean school, and it's way harder then US schools, we have to pass the same USLME steps and the same residencies, WOW you really know little about this whole process by what you post.

You are way off on this and you are the one with the problem, what would you do if you had a chief resident that was a carib grad? It happens! I know of one now at Harvard on the Faculty LOL I know of one in residency at Cook County in Radiology LOL What do you say about that? Oh well if you do get to medical school your find out. :thumbdown:

This thread must be a prank of some sort.

The last thing that i have to say to all you haters and not quite good enough twits is that you know you wish you could be me. Youd jump at the chance to have my stats and be in my place. I wont have to take the back door like you and i will have the respect and honor that will only be a faded dream for most of you. Ahhh such is life... Get used to it kiddos... If i ever work with one of you i wont belittle you in public, i mean i am compassionate and everything but i certainly wont consider you my peer. As a show of good faith and because i feel sorry for all of you i wish you the best of your capacities, regards, goodluck and all that junk. That's doctor Silly Girl to you! :D

oldpro said:
You have to be one of the most inmature people to post here in a long time!
What shortcut is this? I'm in the middle of Basic Sci here at a caribbean school, and it's way harder then US schools, we have to pass the same USLME steps and the same residencies, WOW you really know little about this whole process by what you post.

You are way off on this and you are the one with the problem, what would you do if you had a chief resident that was a carib grad? It happens! I know of one now at Harvard on the Faculty LOL I know of one in residency at Cook County in Radiology LOL What do you say about that? Oh well if you do get to medical school your find out. :thumbdown:

Oldpro you old hound you, im sure you have a few tricks left in you yet and at your age if you manage to graduate from any school then im sure youll make a splendid physician. These other posters are just young useless slackers who truly had the chance to make something of themselves but they were either to lazy or dumb to do it. :thumbup:

DrSillyGirl said:
The last thing that i have to say to all you...

Caught you in another lie...this is not your last post.

oldpro said:
Glad your not cut out for it, I'm here in the Caribbean becoming a Doc, By the way if you go to the hospital you may be surprised to find out there are a lot of FMGs and IMGs there. LOL You do get the same recognition and respect , just that ignorant premeds and some medstudents on SDN post all this crap. And it's real crap cause in the real world when I'm a Doc and you are a Nurse you still have to follow my orders and I can still legally order treatments and drugs, you will still wipe butts LOL. Thats the way it is now and will be.

Dont be so snotty to think it isn't I lived it as an RN for 19 years, Seems your the one with an EGO problem. :laugh:

As a US trained Physician i will land residencies you wont even be considered for. Until you can do that please dont assume youre my equal and until you are viewed as such. :rolleyes:

DrSillyGirl said:
The last thing that i have to say to all you haters and not quite good enough twits is that you know you wish you could be me. Youd jump at the chance to have my stats and be in my place. I wont have to take the back door like you and i will have the respect and honor that will only be a faded dream for most of you. Ahhh such is life... Get used to it kiddos... If i ever work with one of you i wont belittle you in public, i mean i am compassionate and everything but i certainly wont consider you my peer. As a show of good faith and because i feel sorry for all of you i wish you the best of your capacities, regards, goodluck and all that junk. That's doctor Silly Girl to you! :D

Should I be impressed with a 28 MCAT? Cuz I'm not. Both my MCAT and GPA were higher than yours yet I did not go around being obnoxious like you are. You do yourself, those interested in the Carribean, and those currently in school there a disservice by behaving in such a manner. Even though I do not go to a Carribean school, I have the utmost respect for people that make it through.

DrSillyGirl said:
As a US trained Physician i will land residencies you wont even be considered for. Until you can do that please dont assume youre my equal and until you are viewed as such. :rolleyes:

DrSillyGirl needs to grow up before thinking about any career. You might be mature enough to work as a clown. I read all your opinions and your screenname says it all DrSillyGirl. Anyways you are not credible at all and all your posts back up your claims. It is one thing to state your opinions but another thing to put others down. There are many reasons people choose different route. However, don't judge when you can't walk their shoes. I hope you go on and become great at whatever you do and one day you won't look down on your patients. You silly girl

Status
Not open for further replies.