ICO Interview PLEASE HELP!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iCANDI

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a second time applicant and I applied to ICO again in Aug. They deferred my app to Nov and then again to March. I finally got an interview today...
Is it too late :( I heard the class is already full:scared:
I'm really worried, I really want to go to ICO and for those who have gotten in, any advice?????

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I got accepted to both PCO and ICO. Im turning down ICO tho so there is one spot available at least :)... Honestly at this point about 75% of class seats have been taken up so you still have time.

I was also reading one of the threads in this forum and just read that the upcoming class for ICO is full......you might even want to call and inquire about that, just in case ...................but if true, you will probably be placed on the Wait list if your interview goes well.....but the good news is, there is ALWAYS a number of applicants that decide not to go at the very end, and decide to go somewhere else.....or you have student's who didn't keep their end of the conditional acceptance and thus get rejected....etc....so there will be a number of seats that will become available.

But ultimately, its your choice.......Good luck :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind that even though there are only ~160 spots, they give out almost 300 acceptances because they take into account that not all of the students are going to choose ICO.. so when people say they are about to give up a spot, I don't really think it makes that big of a difference. When I interviewed in late February, the admissions counselor told me that they had given out 250 acceptances so I wouldn't be surprised if they had given out the maximum number already.

i turned in my deposit to ICO to hold a seat just in case, but it looks like i'll be going somewhere else. another seat open!

I just got accepted to ICO last week and I was a second time applicant as well so you definately have shot. When I went for my interview approximately two weeks ago they told me that they hold a certain amoutn of seats aside just in case they find someone they really like and would like to offer a seat in the class for instead of putting people directly on the alternate list. What happens as I have heard is they call the class full because they have people on the alternate list to take spots when people decline acceptances. However, they still have spots open to offer acceptances to. They said on the interview day that they do not start pulling people from the alternate list until they are done with all interviews and offering acceptances.
Also good luck, the interview is so laid back it is not as intense as some of the other colleges of optometry that I have interviewed at :).