ICO acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

123hawk4life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been accepted to ICO and/or received a scholarship?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my acceptance letter Wednesday, but no scholarship.

Congrats Optogirl89...When did you interview? I interviewed on 09/27, but haven't heard anything yet from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 10/3. I was shocked I got the letter so fast, they told us at the interview we wouldnt hear from them until around October 20th.

congrats on being accepted. I was just wondering.. how long did it take for them to invite you to an interview, after your application form had been submitted?

I think they got my fax for the supplemental on a friday afternoon, and I was invited like the following Tuesday. It was overall pretty quick. But it was also really early in the cycle, like toward the end of august.

Wow, that is very early! :) If you don't mind me asking, what was your gpa and oat scores in the application?

gpa is a 3.79 and oat is 330 aa and 340 ts

are you interviewing at ico?

I've applied, but haven't gotten an interview yet. I have a gpa of 3.4 and AA of 310.. not sure if I'd get called for an interview.. I really hope they'll give me a shot!

I've applied, but haven't gotten an interview yet. I have a gpa of 3.4 and AA of 310.. not sure if I'd get called for an interview.. I really hope they'll give me a shot!

When did you apply? I recently applied, but I haven't heard anything from them either. Their website states that it takes about 4-6 weeks for them to send out supplemental applications to applicants they deem competitive and then comes the interview. Personally, I think you have a chance, at least form an academic perspective. Your statistics are very similar to their averages.

I heard ICO admission committee met yesterday to review applicants that has been interviewed and I'm wondering if anyone has heard or been accepted since.

I still haven't heard back from them, my optomcas was mailed on the 13th, but a couple of my reference letters haven't been submitted yet.. maybe that's why..?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard ICO admission committee met yesterday to review applicants that has been interviewed and I'm wondering if anyone has heard or been accepted since.

I hadn't received anything via email or postal mail so I called them and found out I had been accepted. Try it. I'm still waiting for the official letter, though.

How long does it generally take from applying to ICO to get a secondary request?

What did the secondary include... could you PM me please...

What did the secondary include... could you PM me please...

Don't think a PM is needed. The secondary is nothing, really. It's just a fee, an online form, and a coursework sheet.

What did the coursework sheet include? A list of classes taken? Isn't that very redundant being that we filled out previous coursework through OptomCAS?

What did the coursework sheet include? A list of classes taken? Isn't that very redundant being that we filled out previous coursework through OptomCAS?

Yes and yes. It's a list of all the prerequisites and science courses, as well as the calculation of your science GPA. I think it's absolutely pointless but you have to do it.

I had my interview on 10/18th (a Tuesday), the committee met on the Thursday, I called on Monday to follow up on my application status and was told that I was accepted.

@optostud: My stats were very similar to yours, so I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon :)

Congrats on getting accepted! Have you decided where you'll be going? And I got an e-mail about the supplemental app, will send that in asap :)

Wish me luck!!

I had a problem editing the pdf file with the course work. Is there a way to type it right on the form and then fax it?

Yes and yes. It's a list of all the prerequisites and science courses, as well as the calculation of your science GPA. I think it's absolutely pointless but you have to do it.

anyone else officially decide to go to ICO next fall? I just submitted my tuition deposit earlier this week, and I was looking to see who some future classmates might be! :)

anyone else officially decide to go to ICO next fall? I just submitted my tuition deposit earlier this week, and I was looking to see who some future classmates might be! :)

*raises hand*

oh yay! all we had to do was submit that tuition deposit and fill out the tuition deposit form right?

Congrats to you both! I was just curious, how long do they allow you to make a decision to accept or reject the offer to attend?

Congrats on getting accepted! Have you decided where you'll be going? And I got an e-mail about the supplemental app, will send that in asap :)

Wish me luck!!

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

*raises hand*

That makes 3 of us! I decided on ICO today after going back and forth for the last 2-3 weeks. I'm feeling pretty good about my decision :)

Ico class of 2016 here too! After paying your tuition deposit did you receive anything else besides a confirmation email?

I only received the confirmation e-mail. I think they'll give us more information in the Spring.

there needs to be! i want to start meeting some of my future classmates :)

I don't know how to start a group without adding friends first. Otherwise, I'd create one.

Would anyone be able to share their interview experience? I'm interviewing on Tuesday and would love some feedback please!

Would anyone be able to share their interview experience? I'm interviewing on Tuesday and would love some feedback please!

Congrats on your interview :)

http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/ico/survey/26
There's a tab near the bottom that you can hit to see the questions that have been asked. There were 53 responses by people, so that should give a pretty broad idea of what to expect!

For all of those who have been accepted, and plan on attending ICO next fall, I have created a Facebook group. The group is named 'ICO Class of 2016'. I have had complications getting the group to show up when searched for, so I have listed the direct link below.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/176807252415580/

I am anxious to begin meeting my future classmates, and congrats to all who have been accepted.

Can you tell me how your interview went? Or what questions were asked/prompt question? I would greatl;y appreicate that!

The interview went well! It is not intimidating at all, very relaxed and they just want to get to know you. There is a short written section before the interview itself, you have 10 minutes to write some qualities about yourself. The interview is basically a chance for you to talk about your experiences, the questions are pretty open ended so you can lead the conversation to go where you want and point out what you want them to know about you. Good luck!

anyone receive more information from the school yet besides the confirmation email?

Only the confirmation email. I was told to expect more information in the spring.

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail! I was wondering if people got an email saying they got accepted or was it just the letter cause my email seems to be broken sometimes.