Iceland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc M87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have graduated from an Asian school and I want to practice in Iceland, does anyone know how to apply for it?

Members don't see this ad.

Well being as this is the Caribbean international forum I doubt very much that you're going to find your answers here. I'd recommend the general international forums.

For crying out loud. Does everybody expect things to be spoon-fed to them anymore? In literally one google search I found a general answer to your question, not to mention 3-4 other relevant articles about foreign medical practice in Iceland. If you're going to expect professionals to take time out of their busy schedules to help you out, at least show your level of interest by doing some of the cursory legwork on your own so that you at least look a little tiny bit proactive about your own career.

/rant.

Reactions: 1 user
Well being as this is the Caribbean international forum I doubt very much that you're going to find your answers here. I'd recommend the general international forums.

For crying out loud. Does everybody expect things to be spoon-fed to them anymore? In literally one google search I found a general answer to your question, not to mention 3-4 other relevant articles about foreign medical practice in Iceland. If you're going to expect professionals to take time out of their busy schedules to help you out, at least show your level of interest by doing some of the cursory legwork on your own so that you at least look a little tiny bit proactive about your own career.

/rant.
Bedevilled, FYI I searched on google first then I posted here. If you had cared to open whats written inside the links you wouldn't be saying this. If you cant help at least don't rant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bedevilled, FYI I searched on google first then I posted here. If you had cared to open whats written inside the links you wouldn't be saying this. If you cant help at least don't rant.

Couple things:

1> http://www.landlaeknir.is/english/

The Directorate of Health is responsible for issuing license to practice medicine in Iceland. There is a link on the side for healthcare workers immigrating to Iceland. Here, I'll link you that one, too, to save you the trouble: http://www.landlaeknir.is/english/working-in-iceland/. I googled "foreign medical practice iceland". The 3rd link was an article that mentions the Directorate of Health issuing medical licenses to foreign doctors. I then googled "directorate of health iceland" and it was the first link, in English no less. This took me a grand total of approximately 3 minutes.

2> Don't make assumptions without having all of the facts.

3>I reserve the right to rant when it's deserved, especially on public forums.

Three things for you too,

1- "Read" before recklessly copy/pasting the links. The links you posted mentions only the prerequisites for healthcare professionals "immigrating" to Iceland. Things like what medical examinations immigrants need to go through to rule out communicable diseases. By medical "examinations" they simply meant Laboratory Examinations, not the exam you thought (Post Graduation exams). The link also tells what documents are needed to attach with Visa application. It has everything "except" what I needed to know.

2- I emailed them and got all my answers.

3- You definitely need to rant at yourself. You deserve it. Badly.

I rest my case here.

Good-luck with your ignorance and dyslexia.

Cheers!

1- "Read" before recklessly copy/pasting the links. The links you posted mentions only the prerequisites for healthcare professionals "immigrating" to Iceland. Things like what medical examinations immigrants need to go through to rule out communicable diseases. By medical "examinations" they simply meant Laboratory Examinations, not the exam you thought (Post Graduation exams). The link also tells what documents are needed to attach with Visa application. It has everything "except" what I needed to know.

I rest my case here.

Cheers!

I still don't get why you are asking about Iceland in the Caribbean forum...

Reactions: 1 user

I rest my case here.

Cheers!

Where exactly did I say anything about post-graduate exams? And "recklessly" pasting links? Did I endanger somebody with my hypertext? Again, your assumptions are off-base.

But man, that cheeky "Cheers!" really put me in my place. I guess I'll see myself out. To go rant. At myself. However that's supposed to work. With my ignorance and dyslexia.

Reactions: 3 users
I have graduated from an Asian school and I want to practice in Iceland, does anyone know how to apply for it?
Hi. Did you manage to get your licence in Iceland. If yes , please do help me as I am trying to get it.