ICD-10 Documentation issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frsnk16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Anastasia, and I’m a HIM student. Currently I’m working on research assignment dedicated to ICD-10 Documentation Issues. I have created a 7 question survey, that takes only a couple of minutes to complete. If you have ICD-10 coding professional experience and would like to contribute, please answer following questions. Your opinion and comments are also very valuable.

Thank you

1. On a daily average, how often do you code “unspecified” and/or “NOS” diagnosis because of lack of documentation?

A___25% or less B___26-50% C__51-75% _D__76-100%

2. Since ICD-10 implementation, how often do you have to make adjustments to your documentation for coding purposes?

A___25% or less B___26-50% C ___51-75% D___76-100%

3. Did you receive adequate documentation training in preparation for ICD-10 implementation?

A___Yes B____No

4. A field testing Project conducted by the American Hospital Association (AHA) and the America Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) suggested that 16 hours of training and an additional 10 hours of practice should be anticipated for ICD-10-CM (excludes PCS). How many hours of training did you have in preparation for implementation?

A____More than 16 hrs B____Less than 16 hrs C ____None

5. Which areas have been documentation issues since ICD-10 implementation? Check all that apply.

A Neoplasms D Laterality G Injuries

B Asthma E Diabetes H Drug underdosing

C Pregnancy F Cerebral Infarctions I Acute Myocardial Infarction

6. In reference to provider queries, has there been an increase or decrease since ICD-10 implementation? By what percent?

Increased: A___25% or less B___26-50% C ___51-75% D___76-100%

Decreased: A___25% or less B__26-50% C__51-75% D___76-100%

7. In reference to productivity, has there been an increase or decrease since ICD-10 implementation? By what percent?

Increased: A ___25% or less B___26-50% C ___51-75% D___76-100%

Decreased: A___25% or less B___26-50% C ___51-75% D___76-100%

Members don't see this ad.