IB Subject Help!

peachtree <3

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm in my 2nd year of high school and my IB subject selections are due soon. I really want to pursue medicine and possibly psychiatry, but I'm not sure if my subject choices are going to be appropriate.

At the moment I am taking:

HL Biology
HL Chemistry
HL Lang-Lit

SL Maths AA
SL French B

But for my last SL I can't decide between History or Psychology.

I'm open to any suggestions eg. taking Lang-Lit SL and taking Psych HL or even taking an entirely different subject like Economics. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,
I'm in my 2nd year of high school and my IB subject selections are due soon. I really want to pursue medicine and possibly psychiatry, but I'm not sure if my subject choices are going to be appropriate.

At the moment I am taking:

HL Biology
HL Chemistry
HL Lang-Lit

SL Maths AA
SL French B

But for my last SL I can't decide between History or Psychology.

I'm open to any suggestions eg. taking Lang-Lit SL and taking Psych HL or even taking an entirely different subject like Economics. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
If you're interested in psychiatry, try taking psychology and see how you fare
Good luck :) :luck:

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say that I took IB way back in the day and I took HL bio and SL psych and truly loved both classes. If anyone has similar questions, just make sure you take things you like and know you will do well in - those IB exams are no joke and you don't want to jeopardize getting your IB diploma. I did not take any IB chem or physics for this reason (I hate math). I got lots of college credit for all my IB classes and was almost a full semester ahead when I started undergrad. Now about to graduate med school in May :)

Also P.S. I actually learned a lot things relevant to med school in both IB bio and psych! I still am grateful to my high school teachers for actually teaching and helping me remember important things all these years later