IAUPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonnnnnnnnn123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for optometry over the summer, so I'm just over here gathering some info about different schools!
Just as background info, I'm from Canada and it seems like IAUPR tuition is lower (does anyone know other schools that have reasonable tuition?). A big factor in considering the school is that I'd really love to get some spanish out of the experience (I'm half south american and I love the puerto rican culture), and I enjoy the island life. I've got a somewhat competitive 3.4 GPA so I'm applying to other places as well, but I know this one is controversial.
Are there any current students that can shed some light on what it's like there? Is the hurricane aftermath something to worry about?
I've also seen on their website that the rate of graduation in 4 years is only around 50-60%, what's going on there?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From what I've gathered from this forum is that IAUPR should be completely ignored as an option. There's a lot on here that I'm sure you can find about why the school is so bad

From what I've gathered from this forum is that IAUPR should be completely ignored as an option. There's a lot on here that I'm sure you can find about why the school is so bad

I've definitely seen a few opinions-- I'm just not sure if they're due to people with low admission GPAs not being able to keep up with the workload (it's usually a last resort for people), or if it's quality of education.

Hey, I’m a first year student who has read some of the bogus reviews about IAUPR during the application process. I can vouch that most of it is untrue and misleading. The school has been awesome to many of us first year students. If you want some real insight I would reccomend connecting to current students through facebook and/or instagram. I am confident they will all be more than willing to give you an honest, unbiased opinion about their experience. Thats what I did to get the real scoop! I wouldn’t trust everything you read on SDN.