IAUPR School of Optometrist closing for Good

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubeyco2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heard this from a school employee that accreditation committee to shut down school might just be a temporary shut down until things improve. Has anyone else heard the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Last I heard the accreditation committee that is scheduled to come to the island is evaluating the graduating class of 2011/2012 and they are evaluating the graduation rate/pass rate. From what I understand and was explained to me by IAUPR employee, the amount of students that graduate in a six year period is basically what they evaluate. So this means that if anyone decided not to continue for whatever reason (like if the student decided they didn't like it at IAUPR and transferred, decided they didn't like island life, decided they didn't like optometry, etc) they all count against the school. Of course this also counts anyone who didn't graduate for academic reasons/unable to pass boards within that 6 year period. As this is an intermediate visit, as far as I understand, school will not be shutting down anytime soon and accreditation is not at risk---this time. Could always be wrong of course. We'll see this week lol

Reactions: 1 user