IAUPR acceptance news??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blushik2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:),

I applied to IAUPR back in December 2012 and I got an email from IAUPR on January 10, 2013 informing me that they had received my application. I was wondering if anyone had already received an acceptance or an interview from them or when you applied to this school. I am a bit nervous and anxious. Let me know!

Thank you! I appreciate it!:D

Members don't see this ad.

I applied back in October and they too sent me an email saying they have received my app. But I emailed them back asking them to hold my application because I'll be retaking the OAT in a couple of weeks! Hopefully I'll boost my score and they (and other schools that I will be applying to in addition to the ones I applied to in October) will consider me. It's a little late, but who knows! Good luck.

Hi,

I applied in October and got an email about 2 weeks later saying I was accepted. I didn't need to go for an interview, that might be because I live in England and they didn't think I could fly over for one, or maybe they don't do interviews anymore, i'm not sure.

I'm sure they will email you soon about your application! Good luck! Let me know what happens, I want to start meeting other students who might be going to Iaupr :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied last year in October and didn't get accepted until May. Seems like the people from my class either got a phone interview, school interview or accepted without one. Let me know if you have any questions about the process or school.

Thanks everyone! :) Hopefully I get an email or a call. Feeling really anxious.

I was actually wondering the same exact thing bc i had not heard from them so i dont know when they do their acceptances.

Hey guys,

I applied to IAUPR last September. I received an interview invite at the beginning of December and did a skype interview on December 14. I just received my acceptance on February 5. They obviously take their time when making decisions. You have to be persistent. Contact them constantly. They will remember who you are and know that you are highly motivated.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!! Do you mind me asking you your OAT score?

Has anyone submitted their supplemental application and has not been accepted yet?

I sent my supplement. But like I said, I told them to hold my application until I retake my OAT.

Sent my app and supplement sometime in October/November, but I didn't hear anything from them *except that they had received my application*. So I emailed them in January and that's when I told them I've decided to retake the test and if they could put my app on hold!

So who knows! Technically I've waited longer than you to hear from them (beginning November-beginning Jan) so it could take longer..? Let us know if they contact you!

Just keep bothering them, ask them how reviewing is going, haha. I've been emailing them back and forth, so hopefully they remember me well!!

Ddearmas11 can you MSG me details about the interview I interview via Skype what's kinds of questions what's it like I would really appreciate it

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I am retaking my OAT next month. I hope to get into IAUPR!!! For those that have interview this month good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email today that said:

"Congratulations! You have been accepted as a first year student to the School of Optometry at the Inter American University of Puerto Rico for the 2013-2014 academic year beginning in August 2013. Since you excell in GPA and OAT, you will not have to be interviewed."

Everyone else who received this, is this a glitch in the system or for real? I haven't done my supplemental app or turned in my application fee yet PLUS 2 out of my 3 letters of recommendation still haven't sent their letters in. How could I have possibly been accepted? :confused: I plan on calling the school tomorrow but I'm confused and want answers now!

its not a joke they really do accept some students without those things some people have to interview

Thats not a joke! Its true. They accepted you because you have the grades and OAT score.

Ddearmas11 can you MSG me details about the interview I interview via Skype what's kinds of questions what's it like I would really appreciate it

Hey did you interview already? I hope your interview went great!!! :)

Hey I hope I did ok it was pretty ok....it was a panel of three OD professors and 1 of them was pretty tuff but im not the ideal or normal candidate it took me FOREVER to get my bachelors degree and i never went fulltime for very long bc i worked so much so its a bit different i guess they were 30 behind schedule its an open file interview...i tried calling them 3 times and then they got on skype and typed that they would call me....first question is the obvi why do you want to be an optom followed by you have done this soooo long why do you feel that you need to go to optometry school now? and would i give up on the profession if i didnt get in and WHY wouldnt i give up. What do i feel sets me apart from other candidates that have better stats than i do..... and then said that with my stats i really only had a shot at PCO, NOVA and IAUPR if hypothetically speaking i got into all three would i chose IAUPR and WHY? thank got i had another laptop on and running so i read some of the "highlights" from the website and was able to answer it but yea one guy was kinda tough with the why dont i just accept my career as a opt tech and isnt that good enough for me type of thing it was 13 min long but felt like forever i was stressing the whole time...i could have answered some questions differently but its a lil late..... make sure you have questions for them as well i asked if they had programs to help students transition to life in PR since i hadnt been there and i asked about tutoring services for optom students i said that i had heard from some of my friends that their school is not as good with extra help for certain subjects and concepts and said that if i was accepted to a school i wanted to make sure that i was going to have help if and when needed.

I had my interview last Friday and just got accepted today. I was thrown off because I thought it was going to be one on one and ended up staring at four people. It was my first interview so I was extremely nervous. Just be yourself and answer everything with complete honesty. Looking back at it I know I could have answered some questions better.

I never sent my supplemental application, would I still have to send it even though I got accepted?

GOOD LUCK

Congrats! I don't think at that pt you need to submit your supplemental application, but just in case i would ask.

I had my interview last Friday and just got accepted today. I was thrown off because I thought it was going to be one on one and ended up staring at four people. It was my first interview so I was extremely nervous. Just be yourself and answer everything with complete honesty. Looking back at it I know I could have answered some questions better.

I never sent my supplemental application, would I still have to send it even though I got accepted?

GOOD LUCK

Congratulations! I was accepted on Feb. 5th. They sent me an email about 10 days later stating everything needed to complete the acceptance process. This included the supplemental application.

You will still need to submit the supplemental app and fee along with a deposit if you choose to accept.

I WAS ACCEPTEDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg I literally cried I got an email today I interviewed this past Friday I'm sooooooo excited

You will still need to submit the supplemental app and fee along with a deposit if you choose to accept.

Hi, I've a question about the skype interview? Do they send any instruction on how to get started with the skype interview process? Do I have to add them to my skype list or what? I'm just confused. Any help. Thanks.

"Congratulations! You have been accepted as a first year student to the School of Optometry at the Inter American University of Puerto Rico for the 2013-2014 academic year beginning in August 2013. Since you excell in GPA and OAT, you will not have to be interviewed."

Everyone else who received this, is this a glitch in the system or for real? I haven't done my supplemental app or turned in my application fee yet PLUS 2 out of my 3 letters of recommendation still haven't sent their letters in. How could I have possibly been accepted? :confused: I plan on calling the school tomorrow but I'm confused and want answers now!

HI what were your stats??

Did anyone get accepted or at least interviewed with their OAT still in progress? I will be taking mine June 29th but have submitted everything. I hope my OAT doesn't affect my admission. :(

Hi will you please share your stats? gpa? oat?

Did anyone get accepted or at least interviewed with their OAT still in progress? I will be taking mine June 29th but have submitted everything. I hope my OAT doesn't affect my admission. :(
I would expect that you will not be interviewed until after the OAT assuming there are seats left in the class. That's just my opinion though. Unless the remainder of your application is amazing, then maybe they'll want to give you a conditional acceptance of some sort?

Would anyone happen to have a more direct number to contact IAUPR, one where the voicemail box isn't full lol.

Would anyone happen to have a more direct number to contact IAUPR, one where the voicemail box isn't full lol.
Try the direction of admission guy, Mr. Fernando Acosta at 787-765-1915 ext 1020, 787-925-7577 or [email protected]. I never contacted him but that was the info given on my acceptance letter. Good luck!

I applied before taking the OAT and once they received my OAT, I got accepted without an interview. So I don't think taking your OAT late would affect your admission. Also, I never accepted a seat in the class so that seat might just be for you! Good luck!

Try the direction of admission guy, Mr. Fernando Acosta at 787-765-1915 ext 1020, 787-925-7577 or [email protected]. I never contacted him but that was the info given on my acceptance letter. Good luck!

I applied before taking the OAT and once they received my OAT, I got accepted without an interview. So I don't think taking your OAT late would affect your admission. Also, I never accepted a seat in the class so that seat might just be for you! Good luck!

Call at this number to reach mr. acosta (787) 765-1915 Ext. 2567. This number will take you to the admin assistant, and then she can transfer you to him. You will have to call few times before you can reach him, apparently he is too busy doing nothing!

It's amazing that IAUPR accepts students without an interview, none of the other schools do that. I though they used to do it back in the days, but they still do it, which I don't think is the right thing to do.

Reactions: 1 user